undead

Pittsburgh Zombies Logo Set

I've had this idea for a minor league hockey team for a while now. I used Pittsburgh's greatest export, zombies. Even though the undead are slow and rotting they have a lot of advantages. The crowd can do a zombie moan ala the coyote howl in Phoenix. Fans can come dressed as corpses. Attendees already bang on the glass.

Well here it is. C+C welcome.

internetwithwatermarkcopy-1.png

I like it. My only initial criticism might be that the zombie is too expressive. He should be less angry.

Pretty cool. The zombie kinda reminds me of the 28 weeks later zombies... i think they were zombies... :huh:

Amazing work :shocked: especially for your first concept!!! I dont see how zombies relate to Pittsburgh though...but maybe I am just not clued in haha. I cant really think of a sport it could be used for though. My best bet would be football or basketball but its completely up to you.

That looks incredible. What is the P logo supposed to be though?

A zombie hand breaking through, reaching to grab you.

I definitely dig the wordmark. :)

Looks great but the secondary could improve. At first glance it's hard to tell what's going on because of the no real contrast in the zombies arm and the inside of the P.

I'm torn between suggesting the zombie should have a more blank expression or just sticking with the angry sports logo zombie... Love the colours tho.

Amazing work :shocked: especially for your first concept!!! I dont see how zombies relate to Pittsburgh though...but maybe I am just not clued in haha. I cant really think of a sport it could be used for though. My best bet would be football or basketball but its completely up to you.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Night of the living dead and the original dawn of the dead were filmed in Pittsburgh. I've just always loved zombies so I wanted to find a use for them. I originally designed the logo for my roller hockey team but my team is not really wow'd by it.

i think this has amazing potential. Don't really care for the blood drops though....and for some reason it reminds me of kim possible's Dr. Drakken:

250px-Drakken_SD.jpg

Stands for Pittsburgh.

A nice tribute to Pgh native George Romero's habit of choosing his home town to film his zombie movies. I like it. The drop of blood on the middle under the zombies wordmark on the primary seems unessicary to me, though.

Stands for Pittsburgh.

Thanks, I get it now! <_<

A nice tribute to Pgh native John Romero's habit of choosing his home town to film his zombie movies. I like it. The drop of blood on the middle under the zombies wordmark on the primary seems unessicary to me, though.

George Romero! Come on Maz, every Pittsburgher knows that!

A nice tribute to Pgh native John Romero's habit of choosing his home town to film his zombie movies. I like it. The drop of blood on the middle under the zombies wordmark on the primary seems unessicary to me, though.

George Romero! Come on Maz, every Pittsburgher knows that!

Heh, was havin some trouble with the first name... knew it started with a j or g sound. Seems I got him confused with the creator of Doom... which is somewhat of an odd concidence...

i think this has amazing potential. Don't really care for the blood drops though....and for some reason it reminds me of kim possible's Dr. Drakken:

250px-Drakken_SD.jpg

You watch Kim Possible?...

Your logos are done with great skill.

I just have always loved the fact that Pitt teams (pro) all have the same colors Black and Gold.

So my vote is to see the Zombies in the same colors (black/gold)

Your logos are done with great skill.

I just have always loved the fact that Pitt teams (pro) all have the same colors Black and Gold.

So my vote is to see the Zombies in the same colors (black/gold)

I think Pittsburgh teams have done enough with black and gold. It's time for something else.

As for this concept, great idea, good logo, I like it.

It makes the whole thing like a high school or college. you can wear your "schools" colors to support not just your team but the city! I really think it a neat concept, and wish other cities or states would do the same.