Two-sport players

mjrbaseball

Stunned nobody has mentioned Jackie Robinson. The only reason he got into baseball was because it paid the most money. Had the NFL been bigger back then (and more racially accepting), no doubt he would have been a running back and possibly a Hall of Fame back at that to.

Tony Romo would also probably be on the PGA tour right now if he wasn't playing for the Cowboys. Wouldn't shock me to see him in Q school after his career is over.

Also Andre the Giant was offered a contract by the Washington Redskins, but turned it down because he would have to take a pay cut. Similar thing with Kurt Angle and the UFC.

That's about all I got. Everyone else I can think of has already been mentioned.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew Brackman played basketball for N.C. State before becoming a constant source of disappointment as a Yankees prospect, before finally leaving the organization after 2011.

The sheer mention of Brackman suddenly jogged my memory about Drew Henson and Brandon Weeden (haven't checked to see if they were listed yet or not).

Yeah, alright, I would've figured Drew Henson already got some burn here.

spacer.png

Julius Peppers, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham, and Tony Gonzalez played NCAA basketball.

Now that I think about it, I seem to recall Antwaan Randle El moonlighting for the b-ball Hoosiers before he became the starting QB.

Sigs are for sissies.

The entire 1919 White Sox.

You know, the roles of both baseball and mafia shills.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived