Football Giants in red this weekend?

nybatt

I am figuring the Giants will be in their throwback/alt. red jerseys this sunday against dallas. It fits the bill of the organization's track record to wear the reds for big-game, november/december, NFC east matchups of seasons past.

2004- loss to philly (wore "home" pants)

2005- victory over dallas ("road" pants)

2006- loss to dallas ("road" pants)

have not heard an "official" announcement yet.

I am figuring the Giants will be in their throwback/alt. red jerseys this sunday against dallas. It fits the bill of the organization's track record to wear the reds for big-game, november/december, NFC east matchups of seasons past.

2004- loss to philly (wore "home" pants)

2005- victory over dallas ("road" pants)

2006- loss to dallas ("road" pants)

have not heard an "official" announcement yet.

there not going to make the cowboys wear blue? i figure since the cowboys always lose in blue that the giants would make them wear it at home. it worked for the eagles last night. right? :blink:

oh wait nevermind.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

there not going to make the cowboys wear blue? i figure since the cowboys always lose in blue that the giants would make them wear it at home. it worked for the eagles last night. right? :blink:

oh wait nevermind.

yeah, philly holds true to the "bad luck" superstition quite a bit. the last time the giants forced dallas to wear their "home" blues was during the 1986 superbowl season. since then they've worn their whites at giants stadium.

since '86 the only time the giants have worn white was the 2000 opener versus arizona, the first year of the re-designed throwback "ny" unis.

oh wait nevermind.

yeah, philly holds true to the "bad luck" superstition quite a bit. the last time the giants forced dallas to wear their "home" blues was during the 1986 superbowl season. since then they've worn their whites at giants stadium.

since '86 the only time the giants have worn white was the 2000 opener versus arizona, the first year of the re-designed throwback "ny" unis.

if i remember correctly,a few years ago during parcells first year and Q's last, the giants wore white home and forced the cowboys to wear blue. i think that was the game where the cowboys won it on a last second field goal.

i know the eagles, redskins and when the cards was still in the division as a gimme game for the cowboys they forced them to wear blue.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

if i remember correctly,a few years ago during parcells first year and Q's last, the giants wore white home and forced the cowboys to wear blue. i think that was the game where the cowboys won it on a last second field goal.

i know the eagles, redskins and when the cards was still in the division as a gimme game for the cowboys they forced them to wear blue.

No, they (the Giants) wore blue that game:

giants.com recap

(What a bad loss...I remember Matt Bryant's kickoff went out of bounds after the Giants took the lead very late in the 4th to set up Dallas to tie it and win it in OT...another Fasselian collapse)

The only time I can remember the Giants wearing white at home recently was against the Cards when they brought back the "ny", like nybatt said.

No, they (the Giants) wore blue that game:

giants.com recap

(What a bad loss...I remember Matt Bryant's kickoff went out of bounds after the Giants took the lead very late in the 4th to set up Dallas to tie it and win it in OT...another Fasselian collapse)

The only time I can remember the Giants wearing white at home recently was against the Cards when they brought back the "ny", like nybatt said.

ah i stand corrected.

speaking of Q, and its a bit off topic, but its a shame he didn't stick around longer than he did, seems like he had some potentional. i sometimes wonder if he would have had a better career if he was drafted by a different team and not had to be the guy that was supposed to be aikmans replacement.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Jints (rhymes with pints) will indeed wear their red this weekend...

confirmed in paul schwarz's article in today's NY Post...

If the Cowboys are indeed what they appear to be - the best team in the NFC - then the six-game winning streak the Giants have ridden into contention could come to a crashing halt. Despite their ascension, the Giants in this game - they'll stamp the event as special by wearing their red alternate uniforms - are an underdog, albeit by a single point. That's rare for a club on a roll and playing at home, unlike the Cowboys, who for the second consecutive week must travel east to face a reviled divisional rival.

and in the NY Daily NEws...

RED ALERT: The Giants will be Big Red again this Sunday, when they don their red jerseys against the Cowboys. ... Fresh off an eight-game suspension for a variety of offenses, DT Tank Johnson is expected to make his Cowboys debut against the Giants. ... The Giants won after their bye week last year, but are 4-14 all-time following a week off.

now the question is...... will they stick with the "road" pants or go back to the "home" stripes??

Jints (rhymes with pints) will indeed wear their red this weekend...

confirmed in paul schwarz's article in today's NY Post...

If the Cowboys are indeed what they appear to be - the best team in the NFC - then the six-game winning streak the Giants have ridden into contention could come to a crashing halt. Despite their ascension, the Giants in this game - they'll stamp the event as special by wearing their red alternate uniforms - are an underdog, albeit by a single point. That's rare for a club on a roll and playing at home, unlike the Cowboys, who for the second consecutive week must travel east to face a reviled divisional rival.

and in the NY Daily NEws...

RED ALERT: The Giants will be Big Red again this Sunday, when they don their red jerseys against the Cowboys. ... Fresh off an eight-game suspension for a variety of offenses, DT Tank Johnson is expected to make his Cowboys debut against the Giants. ... The Giants won after their bye week last year, but are 4-14 all-time following a week off.

now the question is...... will they stick with the "road" pants or go back to the "home" stripes??

i don't expect the giants to roll over like the eagles did last weekend. In fact i fully expect the giants to win and win convincingly. i'm not convinced the cowboys are as good as the record says. Especially when they keep playing toy poodles each week.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I kind of wish they'd add a little blue trim to the red unis to unify the look a bit more. It kind of works with the white jerseys to have all red, but not for the solid colored jerseys. Looks too much like a practice jersey that the QB's wear to differentiate themselves from the rest of the team.

i don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but the only reason that they ever wore the home pants with the red jersey was because the first time they wore the red jersey was in 2004, was before the current away set was introduced, when they're home pants were the same as the away pants. So i doubt that they'll go back the the home pants after 2 years of the away pants

the giants wore red jerseys as their primary jersey from 1937-1952. in 1953, they dropped the reds and wore white jerseys with red numerals. in 1954, they added the nw stripes to the sleeves. and in 1956, they added red numerals to the sleeves.

the giants wore red jerseys as their primary jersey from 1937-1952. in 1953, they dropped the reds and wore white jerseys with red numerals. in 1954, they added the nw stripes to the sleeves. and in 1956, they added red numerals to the sleeves.

As always, you da man! Any progress on your jersey project yet?

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived