Historical day in the NFL yesterday

Blue Falcon

As far as I know, yesterday was the FIRST TIME in NFL history that BOTH teams in a game wore black pants.

The Falcons and Jags both wore black pants back in 2003, when they met at the Georgia Dome.

Well...so much for THIS thread.

Let me chime in on the whole "over use of black" issue that is being spoken of in this thread. I don't mind it too much in football. If a team has black as one of their two primary colors then let them wear what ever incarnation of black uniform they so please. I don't love it, but don't really mind it.

The true "over use" of black in uniforms occurs in the NBA and MLB with teams that don't even have black as one of their two primary colors. The Royals come first to mind. Thankfully they've stopped wearing all black unis. We've seen many other incidences of "black overuse in uniforms" slowly dwindle, but its still out there.

*cough* NEW YORK METS *cough*

White is vastly overused. Just look at all the teams that don't have white as one of their team colors that have either white jerseys, pants, or helmets. Worse still...look at the teams that have white helmets, jerseys, AND pants (and socks...and shoes). How much white do you possibly need on a uniform? I can think of dozens of teams that overuse white regularly. Honestly, it's just shameful and something needs to be done about it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just look at all the teams that don't have white as one of their team colors that have ... white helmets.

Name one. :P

Well, aren't the Dolphins official colors aqua and coral (however they're named)? I ask this to distinguish from Pantone's color listings, which include all the colors used. Chime in if I'm understanding it wrong.

It's where I sit.

White is vastly overused. Just look at all the teams that don't have white as one of their team colors that have either white jerseys, pants, or helmets. Worse still...look at the teams that have white helmets, jerseys, AND pants (and socks...and shoes). How much white do you possibly need on a uniform? I can think of dozens of teams that overuse white regularly. Honestly, it's just shameful and something needs to be done about it.

:lol:

Don't forget the jersey numbers... :P

But yeah, folk--you damn right on this one here. Never ever thought to post a remark on it, though. Good look for doing so.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think all this talk about over using black is blown way out of proportion, especially with the recent trends in alternate jerseys and pants. There are only so many color combos that a team can use for alternates and and the majority of teams that are using black already had black in their uniforms.

Over the past several years there has been addition and subtraction of different colors on the primary uniforms. For example, these teams added black that did not exist before: Philadelphia, Detroit, Tampa (I did not include SF because they use so little) The Jets added black but then removed it so they are a wash. So over the past several years only three teams added black to their uniforms. But during the same time four teams added a shade of blue to an existing shade of blue in their uniform sets. They are the Titans (dark blue essentially replaced the red), Seattle replaced one color of blue and green with two different color blues and the neon green, the Charges added the powder blue full time to their uniforms and Buffalo added the 42 new shades to their uniforms.

Other teams use black now, but they always have done so.

Atlanta Black primary jersey to red primary (they have switched between them their entire existence)

Baltimore used black pants as their primary when they first started and now they wear white

New Orleans historically did have black pants with their white jerseys and still switches year to year between gold and black, and to be honest the black looks better because the gold on the pants do not match the gold on the helmet or the other gold on the jerseys.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Well...so much for THIS thread.

I should re-title this thread: "First time in NFL history that two teams have worn black UNITARD pants with no stripes on them at all...not counting the decapitated cat's head on the Jaguars uniforms."

Why didn't the Shags keep the black pants from 03-04 that had the stripes on them???

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived