2008 NLL All-Star Game Logo

officeglenn

With the NLL season back on ? albeit without Arizona or the planned expansion team in Boston ? the league released a new schedule today, including the All-Star Game, to be held in Edmonton on March 16, 2008.

Also up on the Edmonton Rush's website was the logo for the ASG:

NLL_2008ASG_logo2.jpg

Ummm ... yeah. I'm pretty non-plussed. But, then again, I'm not a huge fan of their entire identity. But the ASG logo does fit in nicely with that, so I'll give them some credit there.

I hate the logo but that's mostly because I hate the Edmonton Rush identity itself. It's white-trash and trying to appeal to WWE fans. (Yes I think WWE is white trash). That being said, the logo does an average job at working with the Rush identity. Definitely a downgrade from the past two All-Star games! Still not as bad as when the game was in Calgary but still bad.

I hate the logo but that's mostly because I hate the Edmonton Rush identity itself. It's white-trash and trying to appeal to WWE fans. (Yes I think WWE is white trash). That being said, the logo does an average job at working with the Rush identity. Definitely a downgrade from the past two All-Star games! Still not as bad as when the game was in Calgary but still bad.

Not to mention that there's already a band and a right-wing talk show host with the same name.

Archived