Steelers in Throwbacks tonight.

rams80

I just flipped to the game preview on ESPNEWS, and it looks like the Steelers are mounting another assault on the visual sense with their throwback unis.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a reason why they only used them for 3 years. They shoudn't bring back vintage looks with no sense of appeal at all.

It was the first helmet that had the Steelers logo, and it was worn the last five games of 1962.

Steelers_62a.gif

Then in the playoff bowl, they switched to this for the helmet..

Steelers_62b.gif

bSLCtu2.png

If they were worn with the black helmets and some variation of yellow pants I don't think they would be half bad.

But with the all gold stripes and gold numbers itd still be too much gold, imo.

If you ask me, these throwbacks are pretty sharp. The helmets aint the prettiest, but theyre historic, and thats why they have 'em. Thats my only complaint about them.

oBIgzrL.png

Well thankfully they aren't as bad as the Eagles throwbacks... :puke:

...and with those throwbacks, the Eagles had their only good game out of eight this year...

Which is why they should bring them back full-time (I may be the only person who vastly prefers them to the regular look).

Best thing about the Steelers' throwbacks? Block numbers. As it should be.

...and with those throwbacks, the Eagles had their only good game out of eight this year...

Which is why they should bring them back full-time (I may be the only person who vastly prefers them to the regular look).

I may not like them better than their regular look, but I really do like these throwbacks.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Make that two people who prefers them to the current look. But I'm not a Steeler fan, so I'm not as invested in the Seelers.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

They look like Ampipe. I don?t care what anybody says; nice guy Eddie was the reason coach got the job at Minnesota State even though he took Maverick with him.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Archived