Steelers in Throwbacks tonight.

rams80

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them , I mean they are special to this year but for next season and on I would like to see them keep the white pants striped with black and gold , they are awesome and I would like to also see some kinda of yellowgold Steelers jerseys also . but that's also me IM not a Steelers fan I understand they have a tradition with the Black jerseys and gold pants it's like they are moving into a new age , I could see it really working .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Overall, I like the anniversary set. I'm not completely sold on the yellow helmet, but I definitely do not hate it. The historical significance of it is worth a few points in my book, though I think black would look better with this set.

My favorite part of the set is the white pants with the black-yellow-black striping. I think they look really sharp. I'd put the yellow block numbers in a close second.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Which is why they should bring them back full-time (I may be the only person who vastly prefers them to the regular look).

Best thing about the Steelers' throwbacks? Block numbers. As it should be.

I completely agree. They should never have been ditched in the first place, and need to be brought back as soon as possible, which is part of the reason why I liked the throwback as well.

4f764894-506f-405f-8989-6e26d67de43d.jpg

44e75927-9ca0-4a8f-8773-65d5ba8688bd.jpg

This is one of those unis I simultaneously love and hate.

Absolutely.

I started the game "loving them" and ended the game "hating them". I don't know why, but I'm just not sold on the yellow helmet for some reason. Its cool for a little while then it just loses it's luster for me.

Since they probably will shelve these after this year, what happens to all of this old equipment? What happens to the yellow helmets, etc?

Also, let's say for arguments sake, the Steelers wanted to wear their white pants with one of their home/away unis. Are they allowed? This is a rare instance where the throwback's colors match the current colors, so could they go white/white or is that violating some NFL rule. I thought throwbacks/alts were relegated to being worn twice max, but there is no rule on pant color (I guess if it's part of the set).

KISSwall09.jpg

I would guess that they'll do the same thing with the yellow shells that they do with all used equipment - sell them for charity, give them to the players, or whatever.

As for the throwback pants, I'm pretty sure that you can't mix-and-match from a throwback set into your regular set, but if they like the idea there's no reason that the Steelers can't designate these as a straight-up alt for next season.

Since they probably will shelve these after this year, what happens to all of this old equipment? What happens to the yellow helmets, etc?

Start shoving them pennies in the lil' piggy now...unless the heads changed their minds about this, which would go against everything I know about this whole 75th anniversary celebration, those helmets are supposed to be auctioned off at the end of the season, along with the players' game-used jerseys.

And yes...a pretty big chunk of the proceeds will be going to charity.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I don't think those are different helmets from their regular ones...they just repaint, restripe, and relogo them to get the throwback look then restore them to the usual colors/stripes/logo. Anybody know for sure?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

They can't be the same helmets. Nobody paints shells anymore.

Not entirely true...some teams repaint their domes pretty much every week.

But no--those yellow helmets are not the same. I got my first look at these things during a private session before the season, after I was handed the assignment of creating and sending out invitations for the whole 75th anniversary VIP event prior to the season. It was determined then that at least one or two complete game-worn uniform set would be given to the Pro Football Hall of Fame (that may or may not happen now), and that the rest would be auctioned off after the football season is over.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Is there any truth to the rumor I heard that many players go through multiple helmets thoughout the season due to the constant pounding on their helmets? If it were true then I would imagine that Linemen and Line Backers would be most likely to engage in that practice.

Is there any truth to the rumor I heard that many players go through multiple helmets thoughout the season due to the constant pounding on their helmets? If it were true then I would imagine that Linemen and Line Backers would be most likely to engage in that practice.

You better believe it.

That is to say nothing of the fact that several players may go through multiple jerseys...in the same game.

Archived