Say "hello" to new new Pirates skipper!

tBBP

...and if you haven't, now you have.

Let's see...someone from within the organization...someone probably no one outside the organization has heard of...someone who has ZERO big-league experience...someone who GOT FIRED FROM THE SAME TEAM TWO YEARS PRIOR...and yet the Pirates brass wonder WHY they continue to be a laughtingstock in MLB circles???

Say...what year are the Pirates on now in their 5-year rebuilding plan, now? (And whatever happened to this "supposed" gold mine of pitching talent they had?) Ho hum Pirates...

Well...I guess if there IS a positive to be found here, it's that this guy, at least according to the linked article, was successful at getting the most out of his teams while coaching in the minors...which I guess is perfect for Major League Baseball's best AAA team...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Russell was a serious contender for the Phillies job back before Bowa got it in 2000 (I think) and he was very highly thought of in their organization. I understand the frustration, but for a team that really needs to go with young inexperienced players, he may do alright there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have to give credit to Colin Cowherd for bringing this up, but, in addition to the fact no-one's heard of this guy (outside of die-hard 'bucks's fans), they decided to announce his hiring on the day that the Steelers were hosting a MNF rivalry game, and the biggest MLB story of the day was Joe Torre's press conference in LA... How dumb is that?

I mean, where is this story in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today, page 5? The marketing department has to tell the rest of the front office to hold off the press conference 'til, say, Wednesday, right? Nationally, this is a non-story (especially with the Torre hiring)... What a bunch of dopes.

Moose

edit - I just checked the online Post-Gazette, and the Russell hiring is even below a Penguins story. What a bunch of idiots they have running that organization...

edit - I just checked the online Post-Gazette, and the Russell hiring is even below a Penguins story. What a bunch of idiots they have running that organization...

It's Selig's fault for not marketing the game properly

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I assume you mean that pens news is low priority around here by saying that? If anything it is almost as important as the steelers at this point, and far above the Pirates and pitt and pretty much any other team not a high school football team still in the playoffs.

That still, however, doesnt take away from how pathetic this has become. Im a freshman high school and they havent had a winning season since before I was born... good luck finding anyone under 35 (or anyone, period) who openly likes this team anymore.

oBIgzrL.png

I assume you mean that pens news is low priority around here by saying that? If anything it is almost as important as the steelers at this point, and far above the Pirates and pitt and pretty much any other team not a high school football team still in the playoffs.

That still, however, doesnt take away from how pathetic this has become. Im a freshman high school and they havent had a winning season since before I was born... good luck finding anyone under 35 (or anyone, period) who openly likes this team anymore.

No, I was just stating that the timing was really dumb. Steelers on MNF, Pens play Monday, Wed and Thu night. Why in the hell announce your new manager Mon afternoon? Great way to get buried in the newspaper/evening sports... Why not wait 'til Tuesday, when nothing else is going on, and have the headlines to yourself? Just another sign that the organization is pathetic. It wasn't a cut on the Pens at all...

Moose

No, I was just stating that the timing was really dumb. Steelers on MNF, Pens play Monday, Wed and Thu night. Why in the hell announce your new manager Mon afternoon? Great way to get buried in the newspaper/evening sports... Why not wait 'til Tuesday, when nothing else is going on, and have the headlines to yourself? Just another sign that the organization is pathetic. It wasn't a cut on the Pens at all...

Moose

Just makin sure, the way it was worded seemed like it. And, in reality, I dont think it wouldve mattered what day they announced it... it still wouldnt have been very big news.

oBIgzrL.png

I think that's the first post I've ever had edited here. I don't protest it, however.

I edited one of your posts, maybe last week, where you used an accented character to bypass the swear filter... please stop ^_^

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived