Nhl all-star game jersey number conflicts

spyboy1

During this weekend's NHL All-Star game, several players on the same team share the same number. The rules are that the player in the union longest (meaning the date of their first game), gets the priority to wear the number.

For the Eastern Conference, both Messier & Alfredsson wear #11, with Messier getting #11.

Also, Sheldon Souray and Nick Boynton share #44, with Souray having more seniority.

In the West, there are more conflicts.

Pronger, Bertuzzi & Timonen all wear #44, with Pronger being in the league the longest.

Guerin & Datsuyk share #13 & Sakic, Naslund and Doan wear #19 and Iginla & Marleau are both #12. Guerin, Sakic and Iginla should be wearing their usual numbers.

Historically, Sakic has gone with #91, as Steve Yzerman has usually worn #19.

Anyone have any ideas what the others may go with or know of a numerical roster for the game online?

Thanks,

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I think teh NBA allowed them all to have their won number last year and there was no real problems.

Its just an ASG so thats not a problem I guess, and will help sell more jersyes any way, since fans will wnat the players true number.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived