NBC Universal Networks go green

BadSeed84

That thing yesterday on NFL Sunday Night was so stupid, they turned off the studio lights to save energy but sent Matt Lauer to the North Pole, I guess he walked since they are saving energy and preaching to us Little House on the Prairie was good, and we should leave Electricity to the Al Gore Elites.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That thing yesterday on NFL Sunday Night was so stupid, they turned off the studio lights to save energy but sent Matt Lauer to the North Pole, I guess he walked since they are saving energy and preaching to us Little House on the Prairie was good, and we should leave Electricity to the Al Gore Elites.

Don't forget about the giant LCD screens still being on, and the NFL ticker!

bSLCtu2.png

hey... my mom happened to like Little House on the Prairie. :)

But, I do agree, that thing in the studio was very cheesy and I do think the change of colour in the logo was very unnecessary. While I appreciate NBC Universal promoting awareness (since after all GE owns NBC), I think there are far better ways of getting the message out. (I just hope Tank doesn't watch 30 Rock this week)

I saw, I came, I left.

Any cut backs are good. Even turning out the studio lights.

As though that was going to make a huge dent in NYC's energy consumption last night, much less the nation's.

Maybe NBC just did this as a thinly disguised post-Halloween gimmick to compete with The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror.

CCSLC signature.png

As though that was going to make a huge dent in NYC's energy consumption last night, much less the nation's.

I got an idea: to support NBC's green week, let's all unplug and stop watching TV for a week. Imagine how much electricity will be saved.

I got an idea: to support NBC's green week, let's all unplug and stop watching TV for a week. Imagine how much electricity will be saved.

WORD, I'm sick of all this Green talk.

Because we all know that's what it all is....TALK.

Look no further than Mr. Gore.

WORD, I'm sick of all this Green talk.

Because we all know that's what it all is....TALK.

Look no further than Mr. Gore.

Manbearpig?

Or.... how about turning off of our computers?... the CCSLC will never be the same..... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Reader John Bergin of Paramus, after noting NBC's "Sunday Night Football" studio faded to black to conserve energy and to promote "green" awareness last week, wonders if that means a large, green tree won't be cut down to decorate Rockefeller Center, NBC's headquarters this year.

Well, John, an 84-foot spruce in Connecticut has already been felled. The lighting of that tree will be Nov. 28. It's annually covered by NBC. An NBC Web site notes that last year's tree carried 30,000 electric lights.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11112007/sport...9975.htm?page=2

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived