If the Season Ended Today...

Mac the Knife

If the NFL season were to end today, there'd be some interesting playoff matchups to be had.

In the AFC:

Jacksonville (2y) would travel to Pittsburgh (3x)

Tennessee (1y) would travel to Kansas City (4x)

New England (1x) and Indianapolis (2x) would get first-round 'byes.'

Meanwhile in the NFC:

Washington (2y) would travel to Tampa (3x)

Detroit (1y) would head to Seattle (4x)

Green Bay (1x) and Dallas (2x) would get first-round 'byes.'

Of these 12 would-be qualifiers, half have little Super Bowl experience (Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, Tampa, Detroit, Seattle). The other half have a lot. Kinda makes me wish they'd have a strike that'd wipe out the rest of the regular season.

On a side note, I don't have a rooting interest for or against it happening, but I think it'd be funny as all hell if New England went 16-0-0, won their Divisional Playoff, won the AFC title game, then got blasted in the Super Bowl 47-3 by a Detroit or Green Bay. For some reason, the very thought of that makes me giggle a little.

nav-logo.png

Nice list, except Washington would be on the outside looking in if the season ended today (it would be the Lions and Giants in the other wild card spot instead of the Redskins)...

QPR%20Sig.png

Nice list, except Washington would be on the outside looking in if the season ended today (it would be the Lions and Giants in the other wild card spot instead of the Redskins)...

I was basing it off the standings listed at NFL.com... so if they're off, maybe we all need to be looking at this a little more closely.

nav-logo.png

Please don't make such assumptions after 41 games of the NHL or NBA seasons. They do not equate much, if at all. Personally, I do not look at MLB standings until Flag Day, May 14, that is generally a good set of games to tell if someone is a contender or pretender. Flag Day is generally 50-60 games into a team's season. Would you do the same projections for NASCAR? I hope not.

Please don't make such assumptions after 41 games of the NHL or NBA seasons. They do not equate much, if at all. Personally, I do not look at MLB standings until Flag Day, May 14, that is generally a good set of games to tell if someone is a contender or pretender. Flag Day is generally 50-60 games into a team's season. Would you do the same projections for NASCAR? I hope not.

to continue your point, the trade dead line for the NHL and NBA is a point to see which teams are contenders or pretenders. Some like to use the all star game but i generally like using the trade deadline. as for the NFL, generally the week of or after thanksgiving is a point to start talking about contenders or pretenders.

i know a couple of years ago, the cowboys went 7-2 and the homers were already talking about super bowl, NFC title game and so on. Then december came and we didn't even make the playoffs, this was the first 7-2 cowboys team to ever fail to make the playoffs. last year, the cowboys started off bad but made the switch to romo and by thanksgiving said homers, the usual suspects that you all know by now, were again talking super bowl, playoffs, nfc title game, then december came and lost our asses in the first round.

stupid tuna. :evil:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Where do you see assumptions being made? He is simply showing what the playoffs would look like with the current records of the NFL's teams. I have no problem with it, and don't see why anyone else would. I especially like it because the lions are involved. :D

MegatronSig2.jpg

On a side note, I don't have a rooting interest for or against it happening, but I think it'd be funny as all hell if New England went 16-0-0, won their Divisional Playoff, won the AFC title game, then got blasted in the Super Bowl 47-3 by a Detroit or Green Bay. For some reason, the very thought of that makes me giggle a little.

Too bad that is extraordinarily unlikely.

I agree with patsox. I think the Pats will lose to Indy in the AFC Title Game.

Don't forget Nov. 18 at Buffalo.

Bill-ieve! (an actual Buffalo Bills-approved slogan!)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I can't wait for that game. National TV, "best" team in the league in Orchard Park. If we somehow win we should be 6-4 and in the playoff hunt. But, we better not overlook Miami.

BILLIEVE!

saBS.png

I was basing it off the standings listed at NFL.com... so if they're off, maybe we all need to be looking at this a little more closely.

MOD DELETED

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

MOD DELETED

Aw... what'd I miss?

nav-logo.png

I can't wait for that game. National TV, "best" team in the league in Orchard Park. If we somehow win we should be 6-4 and in the playoff hunt. But, we better not overlook Miami.

BILLIEVE!

So...you're telling me that JP Losman and/or Trent Edwards is going to lead the Bills past the Patriots.

... Riiiiight.

dr_evil.jpg

Archived