2007-2008 MLB Offseason Thread

Audiodrama

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$2 million dollar incentive just to stay in shape.

Great move by the front office... I wouldn't have wanted Schilling if he wanted 2+ years, but for 1, it's a great move... there's a lot that he can teach Lester and Buchholz. Unselfish move by Schilling, he probably could've gotten 3 years and more money from an NL team.

IUe6Hvh.png

Great move by the front office... I wouldn't have wanted Schilling if he wanted 2+ years, but for 1, it's a great move... there's a lot that he can teach Lester and Buchholz. Unselfish move by Schilling, he probably could've gotten 3 years and more money from an NL team.

True, but if he falters in (insert NL city), how long will it be before they call for his head? In Boston, he could probably start 0-10 with a 20.00 ERA, and the fans would still love him.

There are rumors, according to Yahoo!, that the Pads and Angels might make a trade. Apparently OFs Nathan Haynes and Reggie "Whatchu Taklin' Bout" Willits are possible candidates to wear the khaki and camo next season. Here's my question...who the heck are the Angels gonna benefit from the Padres in that trade, assuming the Angels aren't getting Peavy :D . Granted, Willits didn't hit a single HR, and the Angels need bat. However, the Pads really don't have anyone to fit that role, except maybe Adrian Gonzalez, but the Angels have high hopes for Casey Kotchman at first base, and Vlad's gonna be DHing a lot this season.

I've been hearing the Tejada is as good as gone from Baltimore. Also that Andy MacPhail may be the first GM under Angelos to have authority to do proper rebuild. Hopefully both of these are more than just rumors (as I've heard many in the past that never came true).

For the sake of the Orioles' fanbase (or what's left of it), I hope to god that's true. Baltimore's been a great baseball city for years, and they deserve a team worthy of its support (and that beautiful ballpark).

Edit: Interesting.

Edit: Damn.

Edit: Wow.

Particularly if Lester and Buchholz want to be self-publicity whores.

Edit: This is getting ridiculous.

True, but if he falters in (insert NL city), how long will it be before they call for his head? In Boston, he could probably start 0-10 with a 20.00 ERA, and the fans would still love him.

Not true at all.

I've been hearing the Tejada is as good as gone from Baltimore. Also that Andy MacPhail may be the first GM under Angelos to have authority to do proper rebuild. Hopefully both of these are more than just rumors (as I've heard many in the past that never came true).

Isn't the Tejada thing just about an annual rumor?

Well, I done already made my contribution to this thread...albeit in another thread. Not that it's really important at all, considering the team, which has been so significantly insignificant for a significantly lengthy span of time now...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Isn't the Tejada thing just about an annual rumor?

Its come up every year, but a good deal never really surfaces. A few fell through (Abreu wouldn't waive his NTC, the Astros backed out after we were going to flip Oswalt for prospects, etc.). Then there were some that just weren't good (I never thought the Santana and Aybar trade was good). But know everything I hear is that it is a 100% certainty he will be traded including this from The Sun:

Nobody should be surprised if Miguel Tejada is being fitted for a new uniform by the time the three executives return to Baltimore, though next month?s winter meetings will provide another opportunity to move the shortstop if a deal isn?t completed this week. But the odds of Tejada being with the Orioles on Opening Day are about the same as Barry Bonds getting an asterisk tattoo on his left bicep.

The main difference from past years is that we know (supposedly) have a real GM that doesn't have to run everything past Angelos.

For the sake of the Orioles' fanbase (or what's left of it), I hope to god that's true. Baltimore's been a great baseball city for years, and they deserve a team worthy of its support (and that beautiful ballpark).

Me too, there's nothing I'd love more than to have a competitive team in Baltimore again.

Archived