2007-2008 MLB Offseason Thread

Audiodrama

Anyone else watching/listening to the hearings right now?

I am. It's interesting to watch congress take on the most important issue this country currently faces, whether or not Roger Clemens used HGH.

Sarcasm aside Clemens is going down for the count.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup....and noting how convenient it is for the NFL that the Specter-Goodell meeting is today.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yup....and noting how convenient it is for the NFL that the Specter-Goodell meeting is today.

That was a great move by Goodell to get this done on the same day. Greeny on Mike & Mike basically said that that's going to basically be a footnote compared to what's happened today.

That being said...The more I listen to to this hearing, the more I begin to realize that this is seriously one bizarre case. From McNamee storing gauze (EWWWWW) to hearing about Clemens' botched injections (EWWWWWWWWWWW) to partying with Jose Canseco (EWWWWWWWWW), this is seriously weird.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sawks also signed skipper Terry "Tito" Francona to a three-year extension.

I like the Colon move. If he gets himself right, it gives them some (more) insurance in case of injury and protects them from overusing the kids.

This organization just gets it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

"Good News Everyone!"

Games start being played this week! Sweet Sassy Molassy! Time to see how our teams are going to take shape. Yeah I know it's early yet, but winter has sucked, weather wise her in Mil-E-Wauk-EE. I'm ready for some baseball action.

packchampionslfroh.png

The Sawks also signed skipper Terry "Tito" Francona to a three-year extension.

I like the Colon move. If he gets himself right, it gives them some (more) insurance in case of injury and protects them from overusing the kids.

This organization just gets it.

Two good moves for the Sox. There's so many personalities on this team, Francona seems like the perfect guy to handle all of them. He may not be the best game time manager around -- and he has me pulling my hair out sometimes -- but he's a great manager and perfect for the Sox franchise. Colon isn't guarenteed any money -- he's not going to regain his old form or anything but it's such a low risk that it's a great move. The Sox make their fair share of big mistakes but they do so well with all the other moves.

This offseason went real quick for me. Maybe it's just a bit easier when you're not coming off of a heart breaking finish and the season ended on a good note, but this offseason was real quick.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived