NBA All-Star Arizona 2009

Shroinke

Should be interesting to see what the East/ West unis will look like given the colors Phoenix is using for the ASG logo.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should be interesting to see what the East/ West unis will look like given the colors Phoenix is using for the ASG logo.

The logo colors wont necessarily be the uniform colors. Think back the past few years, the unis have had some combination of red, white, and blue used, regardless of the color scheme of the logo.

Vegas 2007

xin_4402041913518031206714.jpg

Houston 2006

AAGV034-2006ASGGroupGame~2006-All-Star-Game-Game-Shot-Posters.jpg

Denver 2005

11816364.jpg

Los Angeles 2004

p1_shaq_all.jpg

Atlanta 2003

lg_yao_ap.jpg

Oh, here's an idea. Let's put the All-Star Game in the desert for the second time in three years! Let's also put in in the Western Conference (including Las Vegas) for the sixth straight year! Anything to keep it away from the Midwest and Atlantic!!!

On that note, every NBA team deserves an All-Star Game. Forget Chicago in 1988; My next picks are Toronto, Boston, and Milwaukee, regardless of the state of their arena (which I still don't understand). Milwaukee hasn't had it since 1977, and given the fact that there are 30 teams in the NBA, you'd think they'd get it again by 2007? 2008? 2010 (maybe)? And Boston, as mentioned, has been All-Star Game free since 1964. So explain to me why Phoenix is at all a good choice?

Seriously, because they have a new arena (they don't)? Because every sportswriter in America wants to travel to the desert (they don't, but maybe the Midwest and the Atlantic, or anywhere in the East, would be too cold for them)? Because they haven't had it in a long time (they had it in the 1990s)? Because they're trying to alternate between conferences (they're not)? Because Stern is in love with Steve Nash (that one's true actually)?

I am boycotting this garbage, for sure.

as09_logo300.jpg

On a separate note...here's the logo for the 09 All-Star Game.

I like that, but one concern is how detailed the top orangy part is. It might not be that clear when reproduced in certain media.

I think the cactus has a little bit of a "flipping the bird" affect.

You mean "effect" right? :)

I think all cacti (cactuses?) have that effect.

I don't mind the logo. Its actually quite nice...love the font! As someone mentioned, the orange details can be problematic when reproducing it on different media. My guess is that people involved will adjust the contrast and fix it depending on what they are printing the logo on.

Nope that cactus is flipping the bird.

Actually, that cactus represents the Phoenix media, who ripped Stern a new a$$hole at Thursday's press conference for personally costing the Suns the championship last season. You see, we in Phoenix don't forgive or forget very easily.

And, for the record, security was beefed up at the US Airways Center for the announcement. There were two uniformed police officers at the entrance, and other officers made sure the other entrances to the arena at 1st St. & Jefferson were locked. Yes, months after the fact, Stern is still a marked man here.

Circle your calendars -- January 31. That's the first time the Spurs come into town this season. Expect a bloodbath!

Actually, that cactus represents the Phoenix media, who ripped Stern a new a$$hole at Thursday's press conference for personally costing the Suns the championship last season. You see, we in Phoenix don't forgive or forget very easily.

And, for the record, security was beefed up at the US Airways Center for the announcement. There were two uniformed police officers at the entrance, and other officers made sure the other entrances to the arena at 1st St. & Jefferson were locked. Yes, months after the fact, Stern is still a marked man here.

Circle your calendars -- January 31. That's the first time the Spurs come into town this season. Expect a bloodbath!

Oh, hey! I remember you... you're that "San Antonio Thugs" guy. Nice to see you again. Would you like something from "Duncan" Donuts?

I saw, I came, I left.

11816364.jpg

Those Denver ASG Uniforms were probably the most ugly and uninspired uniforms of the bunch. Same with the logo.

Those were actually really good, IMO. Last year's really sucked. Big Time. The logo was pretty bland and thought that the unis were god-awful

as09_logo300.jpg

Note: Take note that the logo lacks stars. When was the last time an NBA ASG didn't have a least one start in it's logo?

Good Call.

It also doesn't even say 'All-Star GAME' or 'All-Star WEEKEND' just "All Star". Kind of looks weird and incomplete for my taste.

as09_logo300.jpg

Note: Take note that the logo lacks stars. When was the last time an NBA ASG didn't have a least one start in it's logo?

Stars? Since when are there stars in the NBA?

1) I know people have told you this before. Put the sig away.

2) What are Amare Stoudemire, Steve Nash, and Shawn Marion? The 3 stooges?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

as09_logo300.jpg

I like that, but one concern is how detailed the top orangy part is. It might not be that clear when reproduced in certain media.

I don't mind the logo. Its actually quite nice...love the font! As someone mentioned, the orange details can be problematic when reproducing it on different media. My guess is that people involved will adjust the contrast and fix it depending on what they are printing the logo on.

You're a jerk.

Here's some advice: Log out and never log back in to post ever again.

bSLCtu2.png

I do like the idea of having it in non-NBA cities and International Games. I also say bring back the Dome games like the NBA did in Indy, Houston, and Seattle. Here are some lists I thought up while literally sitting on the john.

TOP 5 INTERNATIONAL PLACES FOR THE ASG

1.London, O2 Arena

2.Paris, Paris-Bercy

3.Beijing, Capital Stadium

4.Munich, Allianz Arena

5.Mexico City, Aztec Palace

TOP 5 NON-NBA US CITIES

1.Las Vegas, Thomas and Mack Center

2.Kansas City, Sprint Center

3.Oklahoma City, Ford Center (If OKC doesn't get the Sonics, then this should be a Thank you for the Hornets, IMO)

I don't think there anyone else could be considered past OKC.

TOP 5 DOME STADIUMS

1.Phoenix, University of Phoenix Stadium

2.Detroit, Ford Field

3.St. Louis, Edwards Jones Dome

4.Atlanta, Georgia Dome

5.Houston, Reliant Stadium

(Of course Dallas would be considered for the new Texas Stadium)

TOP NBA CITIES

1.Boston, TD Banknorth Garden (Since 1964)

2.Memphis, FedExForum (Never)

3.Toronto, Air Canada Centre (Never)

4.Miami, American Airlines Arena (Since 1990)

5.Chicago, United Center (Since 1988)

There you go...my inspiration while sitting on the john.

consider Buenos Aires,Luna Park to the international cities(Luna Park is the Argentine Mecca of boxing as the MSG is in NYC)

as09_logo300.jpg

You're a jerk.

Here's some advice: Log out and never log back in to post ever again.

One might suggest the same thing if you have to resort to name calling.

as09_logo300.jpg

We're sending a message to David Stern.

Oh, wait ... somebody already said that.

as09_logo300.jpg

This logo came out not long after the announcment was made, and VERY early in comparison to other All-Star logo unveilings.

Coupled with some of the notes posters here have made, there could be chance that this isn't the REAL logo. It might just be a mock-up, or a promotional logo, or along the lines of an olympic bid logo.

Just throwing that idea out there. We may not see the real logo until next november.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived