Seatle Seahawks concept

Ben5

I decided to update the Seahawks, mixing the old and the new. The only bad part is the light blue is not quite what I hoped for, but I don't have time to fix it yet. You will be notified when I do. Without further ado,

Seahawks.png

C&C appreciated

UPDATE: 2 more updates down the page

it still needs lime green, if only in the sleeve and collar.

and u may wanna think about that wraparound sleeve thing, cause..on the old jerseys, the blue/green bars would continue right into the hawks head, where as here, they kinda end abruptly somewheres near the armpit.

good job though!

best seahawk concept ive seen in a while!

Here is the update. I added green to the collar and cuffs. Also, I changed the belt color. I am going to stick with the sleeve logos the way they are. My explanation behind that is on the old jerseys, the stripe went all the way around the sleeve. On the newer cuts, they don't even come close.

And yes, this template is awesome.

seahawks2.png

C&C appreciated.

This is my thing with the Seahawks: with the spotty use of the green as is, they either need to incorporate it more into the unifom (possibly in the form of a green third jersey???) or just drop the swatch out of their color set altogether (and recolor the bird's eye Puget Slate) and just roll with the two hues of blue. Hell...if the Dallas Mavericks can do it, why the hell can't the Seattle Seahawks?

That said...I'm liking the concept. Obviously, due to ^^ALL THAT UP THERE^^ I prefer the first set, but yet still...nice! And kudos for undoing the whole contrasting sleeve thing (an especially egregious element of the current 'Hawks puget slate jerseys that I absolutely cannot STAND) and making it work here with the stripe/Seahawk logo. Thumbs-up, homie.

Hell...if the Dallas Mavericks can do it, why the hell can't the Seattle Seahawks?

Because, as a sports team, you absolutely need a 'pop' color to get your identity off the ground. That's why the Dallas identity totally blows; it's a base color (navy) and a couple muted accents (blue and silver). You've got to have a base color and a pop color, sometimes you'll have a muted accent, too, and usually you'll have white, as well. You need to have the contrast and energy a pop color brings to the identity, which is what the green does for the Seahawks. I don't think it's used properly, but it needs to be there, nonetheless.

Hell...if the Dallas Mavericks can do it, why the hell can't the Seattle Seahawks?

Because, as a sports team, you absolutely need a 'pop' color to get your identity off the ground. That's why the Dallas identity totally blows; it's a base color (navy) and a couple muted accents (blue and silver). You've got to have a base color and a pop color, sometimes you'll have a muted accent, too, and usually you'll have white, as well. You need to have the contrast and energy a pop color brings to the identity, which is what the green does for the Seahawks. I don't think it's used properly, but it needs to be there, nonetheless.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

That original remark of mine was made with a tone of cynicism--but y'all knew that, right? ^_^ But basically, Mr. Harrington here pretty much just spelled it all out here, as far as the use of color.

Which only further strengthens my stance that the 'Hawks SERIOUSLY need to find a better way to inject some more of that lime green up into their whole identity...hell, if it were up to me, I'd ax the Puget Slate entirely, bolden up that navy blue to more of a real deep cobalt color, and pop it off against a slightly less bright lime.

Hmmm...IDK what to say about all of this. I like it, but there's parts that I dont like. I think the lime belt is too much personally, Im on the side of the fence that says that the lime in Seattle's set is well executed as it is. I dont know whether I'd like a silver helmet or a pacific blue helmet more. Hmmm...I think a blue helmet is better with this. I like the lime on the collar, though, and Ive always wanted to see the Seahawks revert to the full hawk on the sleeve like that - I will say what you have going is an excellent concept. Just some very minor things here and there but other than that it does look pretty good.

P.S: Where did you get that template? That is incredible!

Archived