NHL/Dallas Stars with Mike Modano logo...

ColeJ

gyi00509515701108011024zc4.jpg

sja1111108011024x768ey6.jpg

not sure why it caught me off guard to see a logo for it. it's a big accomplishment... but i didn't think anyone outside of dallas and phil housley's household gave a rat's patoot.

i like it... i'd buy a tshirt with it... which is probably why they designed it.

heck, i want his hat too. i wonder if they're selling those in the proshop...

gyi00509515701108011024zc4.jpg

sja1111108011024x768ey6.jpg

not sure why it caught me off guard to see a logo for it. it's a big accomplishment... but i didn't think anyone outside of dallas and phil housley's household gave a rat's patoot.

i like it... i'd buy a tshirt with it... which is probably why they designed it.

I respectfully disagree. I think a logo for the event is stretching things awfully far, in light of far greater achievements that didn't get the same treatment. Furthermore, I think it's silly to commemorate it using a wordmark that Modano has worn for only a fraction of one of his 17 years in the NHL. Why couldn't they use the crest? Overall, this looks like a logo for college football on TV to me.

It's a nice idea, but extremely generic execution. This could have been made for any player, substituting a different name and team in it. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly unique about it...even All-Star Game logos are mostly customized for a specific team or city.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i actually didn't know he did this until i saw your thread here. i watched every news channel and no mention of it. I scanned the Fort Worth Star Telegram and Dallas morning news and all i saw was cowboy/mavericks coverage. out side of the SL community and the Stars fan base and PHil and Mike's household, i don't know if anyone even knows about this.

i do agree the logo looks good for a shirt except for the stupid word mark/number. they have a logo for a reason, they should use it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Nice find, Nice logo.

Hopefully Chris Creamer will put it on his Dallas Stars page

If you happen to know where to find a copy, let him know. It's not as simple as snapping your fingers and expect the logo file to pop up anywhere on the internet

It's a nice idea, but extremely generic execution. This could have been made for any player, substituting a different name and team in it. There doesn't seem to be anything particularly unique about it...even All-Star Game logos are mostly customized for a specific team or city.

I bet the designer is keeping the file in his computer for when the NEXT guy breaks the record. He can just go in there and change up the name and PRESTO! new logo. :rolleyes:

Bad, bad execution IMO.

I really don't like logos like this that celebrate player accomplishments, I thgink they're way too widely used. Every time an NHL tweam retired a number now they have to wear a patch and warm up in the player's jersey. It's just too much. If we're talkin about Hank Aaron or Jackie Robinson's accomplishments, or maybe even Cal Ripken Jr., ok, but let's exercise some moderation.

Archived