Bulldogs in Black?

BlueSky

A couple of days ago, Georgia's senior players requested fans to create a "blackout" at Sanford Stadium by wearing black at Saturday's game vs. Auburn.

Today's Atlanta paper has a story stating that Coach Mark Richt is downplaying rumors that the Dawgs made the request because the team will unveil new black jerseys vs. Auburn.

I think there may be something to the jersey rumor. Why ask for a blackout when your primary color is red? Why not a "redout", which usually exists there anyway for most games? We'll see Saturday. Don't know what they'll look like with red helmets and gray pants.

aerial.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

A couple of days ago, Georgia's senior players requested fans to create a "blackout" at Sanford Stadium by wearing black at Saturday's game vs. Auburn.

Today's Atlanta paper has a story stating that Coach Mark Richt is downplaying rumors that the Dawgs made the request because the team will unveil new black jerseys vs. Auburn.

I think there may be something to the jersey rumor. Why ask for a blackout when your primary color is red? Why not a "redout", which usually exists there anyway for most games? We'll see Saturday. Don't know what they'll look like with red helmets and gray pants.

aerial.jpg

expect them to unviel black jerseys. if its rumored, then will be true.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I've seen those fashion black UGA jerseys around town, and they don't look bad. Basically, the red and black switch places. They'd probably look a lot like the Raiders from the shoulders down on TV.

I'd rather see them in red, just because that's all I've ever seen at home games. It sucks I gotta miss this game though, working the Thrashers game that evening.

Personally, I'd rather see them in black.

I remember the last time Georgia added more black to their uniforms (against Florida). The result wasn't pretty.

I also remember what happened when Auburn tried a similar stunt against UGA (orange jerseys). We got spanked.

Why don't they just make it a rule that EVERY SPORTS TEAM ON THE PLANET must have a black jersey. And heck, why not black leotard pants while we're at it??

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

:cursing:

Black is one of their colors. I see no problem if its in the color scheme.

Why don't they just make it a rule that EVERY SPORTS TEAM ON THE PLANET must have a black jersey. And heck, why not black leotard pants while we're at it??

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

I never knew Auburn tried orange jerseys before. What did they look like?

Maybe Georgia will bring back the black pants and new black jerseys.

I would rather see Georgia do an alternate like the old falcons jersey, Have Alternate Black Helmets and Black Jerseys with the silver pants. Now that would be a black out!!!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

I never knew Auburn tried orange jerseys before. What did they look like?

Maybe Georgia will bring back the black pants and new black jerseys.

I would rather see Georgia do an alternate like the old falcons jersey, Have Alternate Black Helmets and Black Jerseys with the silver pants. Now that would be a black out!!!!!

Take a look at this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=53...h&plindex=0

Fast forward to 1:36 and you'll see Joe Cribbs running for a TD in the '78 Auburn-UGA game, the first game that Auburn wore orange jerseys. You'll have to take a look at the linemen's jerseys to see what they really looked like (stripes and such) because Cribbs is wearing a tear-away. For this game, the team warmed-up in their regular home blues. When they went into the locker room after warm-ups, the orange jerseys were waiting on them. BTW, the game wasn't a blowout, it ended in a 31-31 tie.

Auburn wore orange a few more times between '78 and '80, but after Pat Dye came in, they have never reappeared.

Here are some pics I saw on another forum:

http://docgoku.com/footballhuddle/download...id=4193&t=1

http://docgoku.com/footballhuddle/download...id=4196&t=1

http://docgoku.com/footballhuddle/download...id=4195&t=1

The second one of Moreno lacks the red arm/neck outlines. I prefer it, actually. I prefer the tradition of the normal red uniform, very recognizable, but if the senior players want it (considering they've beaten UF twice) they can have it.

Here are some pics I saw on another forum:

http://docgoku.com/footballhuddle/download...id=4193&t=1

http://docgoku.com/footballhuddle/download...id=4196&t=1

http://docgoku.com/footballhuddle/download...id=4195&t=1

The second one of Moreno lacks the red arm/neck outlines. I prefer it, actually. I prefer the tradition of the normal red uniform, very recognizable, but if the senior players want it (considering they've beaten UF twice) they can have it.

Haha. They also 'shopped in a C on Moreno's jeresys.

I like both of them with and without the red.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Well I could see Auburn poping out with a dark orange soon . Under Armour loves 3rd jerseys , But as for UGA They had more black in their uniform if im correct in the 90's , But for game a year I would say the Dawgs would look good with like A helmet that's Black with a white stripe like the Norm but with 2 small red outline stripes and the G filled in with red , Black Jerseys and Silver pants .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Well I could see Auburn poping out with a dark orange soon . Under Armour loves 3rd jerseys , But as for UGA They had more black in their uniform if im correct in the 90's , But for game a year I would say the Dawgs would look good with like A helmet that's Black with a white stripe like the Norm but with 2 small red outline stripes and the G filled in with red , Black Jerseys and Silver pants .

You can blame the more-black on Donnan. He was behind adding the center black stripe on the UGA helmets, as well as the black "shadowing" of the numbers instead of the simple outline.

The helmet should stay the same, it's perfect. As long as the black alternate jersey is a simple re-coloring of the red jersey, I'll be fine with it. And of course, keep the silver britches.

As for the similar colors of the Falcons and Bulldogs, you can thank the original owner of the Falcons: Rankin Smith. He was an alumnus of Georgia....

They mentioned on Atlanta 680AM the Fan this morning that "if" the Dawgs wear black jerseys, they will wear red pants instead of silver.

And that would be the biggest mistake of all. Georgia is the "Silver Britches". When you have a legend behind a piece of your uniform is shouldn't change.

Archived