Vintage NHL logo sigs

Viper

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a general rule, I will post the rest of these sigs in chronological order by franchise, although that can get pretty convoluted in some cases. For example:

nhlvcaliforniabm5.pngnhlvoaklandlb2.pngnhlvclevelandoa1.pngnhlvminnesotakw9.pngnhlsanjosegr9.png

Quick history lesson: The California Golden Seals franchise actually came into the league the same season as the North Stars (1967-68). They then changed their name to the Oakland Seals, then moved to Cleveland a few years later, and ultimately merged with the North Stars. In 1991 the merger was basically reversed, creating the San Jose Sharks. Two years later, of course, the North Stars were in Dallas.

CCSLC signature.png

And here are a bunch of other old logo sigs (plus another Sens one which I forgot to add earlier, specifically their most recent pre-RBK Edge logo):

nhlvanaheimgo0.pngnhlvbuffalozb5.pngnhlottawaod7.pngnhltampabayyc2.pngnhlvancouverav7.png

There are still a bunch more that I plan to do next week, so before you start requesting sigs, here are the ones I still have planned to do:

• Atlanta/Calgary Flames logos
  • Columbus Blue Jackets "CJB" logo
  • Edmonton Oilers: Original logo (might also do an identical one that says "Alberta" across the top instead of "Edmonton", for the franchise's WHA years)
  • Los Angeles Kings: Purple/gold (original) and silver/black (Gretzky-era) logos
  • Pittsburgh Penguins: Original (?) logo w/ blue circle, Stanley Cup-era logo, mid/late-1990s logo
  • New York Islanders: Original logo and "fisherman" logo
  • St. Louis Blues circa 1980s
  • Vancouver Canucks: Skate logo and original orca
  • Washington Capitals: Original wordmark, eagle logo and Capitol dome logo

CCSLC signature.png

nhlvcaliforniabm5.pngnhlvoaklandlb2.pngnhlvclevelandoa1.pngnhlvminnesotakw9.pngnhlsanjosegr9.png

Quick history lesson: The California Golden Seals franchise actually came into the league the same season as the North Stars (1967-68). They then changed their name to the Oakland Seals, then moved to Cleveland a few years later, and ultimately merged with the North Stars. In 1991 the merger was basically reversed, creating the San Jose Sharks. Two years later, of course, the North Stars were in Dallas.

Your history is a little off. I think they entered as the California Seals, had their name changed to Oakland Seals, then were bought by the owner of the Oakland A's who changed their name to the California Golden Seals. Sorry for being annoying about it.

Your history is a little off. I think they entered as the California Seals, had their name changed to Oakland Seals, then were bought by the owner of the Oakland A's who changed their name to the California Golden Seals. Sorry for being annoying about it.

California Seals

Oakland Seals

1967 - 1970

California Golden Seals

1970 - 1976

Cleveland Barons

1976 - 1978

These are the Dallas Stars throwbacks in NHL 08, therefor the Sharks aren't related to this team at all.

bSLCtu2.png

California Seals

Oakland Seals

1967 - 1970

California Golden Seals

1970 - 1976

Cleveland Barons

1976 - 1978

These are the Dallas Stars throwbacks in NHL 08, therefor the Sharks aren't related to this team at all.

it's actually a great source of debate of stars/sharks fans, imo... nhl08 isn't be all end all, in terms of history. if i recall, nhl04 had north stars jerseys available for both dallas AND minnesota, which i found offensive.

by all records, the seals/barons franchise is now the dallas stars... but there's a source of debate about the "de-merger"... the sharks got to take players from the minnesota north stars roster (including arturs irbe), and the minnesota north stars, in return, got to make selections in the nhl expansion draft of the same year (where they selected players including guy lafleur, from quebec... he retired shortly after...)

just a little history lesson from a nerdy stars fan.

California Seals

Oakland Seals

1967 - 1970

California Golden Seals

1970 - 1976

Cleveland Barons

1976 - 1978

where are these so-called throwback jerseys in nhl 08?? no such thing that ive seen yet...so you must be talking about 2k8 not 08

GO GIANTS GO!!!

giants-1.png

mia Marek Schwarz

THANK YOU TREVOR!

linden.png

The Seals' logo with blue comes first chronologically.

They were green & blue when the team started in 67-68

They switched to Kelly green & yellow in 70-71.

In 74-75 they changed to more of a teal/turquoise & yellow.

In a way you've skipped over the kelly green era--I really like those unis.

But overall?

I enjoyed looking at them.

As for the Oilers--they were the Alberta Oilers for their first season only--and they did have some variations on the orange & blue in the logo in the early years.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

California Seals

Oakland Seals

1967 - 1970

California Golden Seals

1970 - 1976

Cleveland Barons

1976 - 1978

where are these so-called throwback jerseys in nhl 08?? no such thing that ive seen yet...so you must be talking about 2k8 not 08

thats what i'm curious about. If 2k8 has all the throwbacks, then i want that game.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Can you give me the link to where you made these sigs but for current teams

Thanks

Follow the "My completed sig collections" link below, then select "nhl" from the tags menu.

Anyway, here are the Pens and Kings vintage sigs I promised:

nhlvpittsburgh1iv2.pngnhlvpittsburgh2wm6.pngnhlvpittsburgh3eb5.pngnhlvlosangeles1gl5.pngnhlvlosangeles2ht5.png

CCSLC signature.png

Archived