Vintage NHL logo sigs

Viper

Can you give me the link to where you made these sigs but for current teams

Thanks

Follow the "My completed sig collections" link below, then select "nhl" from the tags menu.

Anyway, here are the Pens and Kings vintage sigs I promised:

nhlvpittsburgh1iv2.pngnhlvpittsburgh2wm6.pngnhlvpittsburgh3eb5.pngnhlvlosangeles1gl5.pngnhlvlosangeles2ht5.png

I would like to note that the Penguins used the Pittsburgh gold that is in the far left skating penguin in for both the early 90's logo and the pidgeon. CC for whatever reason uses straight yellow.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to note that the Penguins used the Pittsburgh gold that is in the far left skating penguin in for both the early 90's logo and the pidgeon. CC for whatever reason uses straight yellow.

Oh... you mean like this?

nhlvpittsburgh2wf9.pngnhlvpittsburgh3fq7.png

And while I'm at it, here are the Caps' vintage sigs:

nhlvwashington1gh5.pngnhlvwashington2ij3.pngnhlvwashington3mc8.png

CCSLC signature.png

Oh... you mean like this?

nhlvpittsburgh2wf9.pngnhlvpittsburgh3fq7.png

And while I'm at it, here are the Caps' vintage sigs:

nhlvwashington1gh5.pngnhlvwashington2ij3.pngnhlvwashington3mc8.png

of the one you posted thus far, i would like to see the original Penguins sig with a different shade of blue. The shade you used seems to fall somewhere inbetween the navy which appeared on their shoulders and the lighter blue which comprised the body of the uniforms.

Also, the third sens logo (with the 3/4 face) would probably look better with their updated logo. That man has kind of scary eyes.

i really like these simple homages though. you could probably work in some other vintage designs as well (montreal maroons, Montreal wanderers, toronto arenas, hamilton tigers, new york americans, etc. etc.)

Can you make me a Kenora Thistles one, with this logo?

KenoraThistles78x88.jpg

They are Vintage NHL, won the 1907 Stanley Cup.

Thank You!!

Why not use the logo featured on their sweaters:

etdoc00125(220)b.jpg

They also used these in the late 20's and early 30's (couple of variations, I think the colors were the same as on the sweater above posted):

logo_1929-30.jpglogo_1932-33.jpglogo_1933-34.jpg

That looks good jPHat, but what happened to Viper?

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten this thread; I've just been busy with Christmas shopping and stuff since I got home from Thanksgiving weekend. I'll probably finish the rest of my sigs sometime this week.

CCSLC signature.png

As a general rule, I will post the rest of these sigs in chronological order by franchise, although that can get pretty convoluted in some cases. For example:

nhlvcaliforniabm5.pngnhlvoaklandlb2.pngnhlvclevelandoa1.pngnhlvminnesotakw9.pngnhlsanjosegr9.png

Quick history lesson: The California Golden Seals franchise actually came into the league the same season as the North Stars (1967-68). They then changed their name to the Oakland Seals, then moved to Cleveland a few years later, and ultimately merged with the North Stars. In 1991 the merger was basically reversed, creating the San Jose Sharks. Two years later, of course, the North Stars were in Dallas.

This team was originally the California Seals (though when the franchise was granted in the first NHL expansion it was to have been the San Francisco Seals) which they changed to Oakland Seals in either their first or second year. When Charlie Finley (Oakland A's owner) bought them, he then hanged the color scheme and renamed them the California Golden Seals.

Archived