Hamilton Yet-to-be-named

htd

"Hamilton Vibe" lends itself to a number of great logo possibilities, none of which could be printed in a family newspaper.

Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.thespec.com/contests/content/279361

You can enter a choice and also vote for one of the following horrible names:

Hamilton Hustle

This could work - both due to a hip-hop context and also a historical one. There is a pinback button from the twenties or thirties that says "Hamilton means Hustle" - in reference to our industrial background and hardworking blue collar history.

The Hustle of Hamilton :D

sorry.

http://www.thespec.com/contests/content/279361

You can enter a choice and also vote for one of the following horrible names:

Hamilton Hustle

This could work - both due to a hip-hop context and also a historical one. There is a pinback button from the twenties or thirties that says "Hamilton means Hustle" - in reference to our industrial background and hardworking blue collar history.

The Hustle of Hamilton :D

sorry.

What a joke this is....Hamilton Folders...this team will be gone before the end of the season...the team down the road in St Catharines left after 10 or so games...awful to be playing at Copps

If this team is still around in 5 years, I'll write everyone on this board a cheque for 100 bucks each.

Seriously, though...the sports fans of Hamilton absolutely have to be p*ssed about all this. They wanted the NHL (which...depending on the day of the week...is or is not still a possibility with Nashville's probs)...and got the ABA...a league which the members of this board have tried several times to band together and buy a franchise.

I don't think we have any Hamiltonites...else I'd ask for them to speak up about the local feelings.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Hamilton Double-Doubles

(Those of you who have ever drank Tim Horton's coffee - know this to be the most frightening name!)

:D

That's hilarious.

They may as well go for it....can you just see the brown and red colored jerseys now?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

a league which the members of this board have tried several times to band together and buy a franchise.

Actually, I think if we actually *did* try to land an ABA team, we'd probably do so pretty easily. The $20K expansion fee isn't that steep. Of course, the $100K or so the team would lose in its first year is another story...

nav-logo.png

The Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds

(Link provided, because I realize just how old I am by referencing this in the first place.)

Hey pal, don't try to steal my crappy '70s group thunder.

And I'd pony up a few hundred toward getting the Oshawa Creamers off the ground.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

a league which the members of this board have tried several times to band together and buy a franchise.

Actually, I think if we actually *did* try to land an ABA team, we'd probably do so pretty easily. The $20K expansion fee isn't that steep. Of course, the $100K or so the team would lose in its first year is another story...

That...and they don't really "vet" their owners. As The Mad Mac pointed out, though, I'd like to continue not being considered a "credit risk".

Shame there are so many fools and suckers in North America, so this fraud can perpetuate.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived