Breaking MLS news

OMMF

I posted thi sin the other thread, too, but I thought I'd share it here.

From a story about the Seattle expansion team on MLSnet.com:

Full details on the team, including its home stadium, the club name and logo and team staff, will be unveiled at a Tuesday press conference in Seattle.

Also gives you another good Western Conf. Team - Add St. Louis in 2010 and you'll have 8 teams in each Conference with STL going to the East - Giving Kansas City a rival and another reason to pound the east side of the state :P

Go Wizards - Kick Houston in the 'goonies'!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

At the very least, they stayed open to the possibility of going up to 18 teams by 2012 as well. So it's not completely a Philly or St. Louis thing, with the other not getting in.

I mean, for all we know, they may try to reestablish Florida in 2010, bringing in St. Louis and Philadelphia in 2012.

LvZYtbZ.png

At the very least, they stayed open to the possibility of going up to 18 teams by 2012 as well. So it's not completely a Philly or St. Louis thing, with the other not getting in.

I mean, for all we know, they may try to reestablish Florida in 2010, bringing in St. Louis and Philadelphia in 2012.

Screw Florida and screw St. Louis. Get Philly into the league first.

philly.png

By no means was I saying that Seattle was a BAD choice or even the wrong choice.

It just seems odd that St. Louis is building a soccer specific stadium (assuming they get a team) and Seattle is playing on field turf in a football stadium with no plans for anything but field turf in a football stadium.

If the MLS wants to be even close to the level of play that other countries have, you've got to play on grass in soccer stadiums.

Again, Seattle is a good city for a MLS team, but it just seemed to me that St. Louis was going to get it this time around and then Seattle and Philly would fight it out. When you look at a map, the Middle of the country is well covered with Chicago, Kansas City, Columbus and even throw in Houston. That could have been some of the marks against St. Louis because you're 4-6 hours away from 3 established teams.

BTW...I won't be a fan of a St. Louis soccer team. I'm a Fire fan so I might end up hating a St. Louis team. I just think it makes sense to have a MLS team in St. Louis.

And I'll be at the MLS Cup for work on Sunday so I'll take pictures of any announcements or anything they have there regarding this!

The smartest thing for MLS would be to move Kansas City to St. Louis. I know that the league has considered this with the sagging attendance numbers and since the passing of Lamar Hunt, who knows what the future holds for the Wizards or the city of St. Louis.

Yeah soccer is going to replace basketball. Nobody cares about soccer, why would you people discuss a minor league of a sport no one cares about? MOD EDIT

MOD NOTE - Here's a more pertinent question: Why would you feel the need to brow-beat soccer fans over their choice to discuss the sport, when you so obviously have no interest in soccer? If you don't care about the sport, simply ignore threads discussing it.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

Yeah soccer is going to replace basketball. Nobody cares about soccer, why would you people discuss a minor league of a sport no one cares about?

There does seem to be a lot of anti soccer sentiment among many North American sports fans. I imagine that these fans would feel differently if MLS was 100 years old and boasted the best players in the world. Unfortunately, that's not the reality. However, MLS has made incredible strides over the past 11 seasons to lay the groundwork to make soccer a major sport in the upcoming years.

Much like the NHL, Major League Soccer has a small fanbase compared to the other sports. And just like the NHL, the fans that it has are very loyal. Also keep in mind that popular sports America are always shifting. In the 1920s, baseball, horse racing and boxing were the big sports and professional football (NFL) was an upstart league without much of a following. 20 years ago, NASCAR was non-existant to everyone except the most diehard racing fans. Now we see NASCAR highlights and news on SportsCenter every night.

With some history behind it and a commitment to draw in big name, talented players, MLS will eventually be on the major sports map in the U.S. and I'm glad that Seattle will be a part of that.

The smartest thing for MLS would be to move Kansas City to St. Louis. I know that the league has considered this with the sagging attendance numbers and since the passing of Lamar Hunt, who knows what the future holds for the Wizards or the city of St. Louis.

Actually, I'm hoping that the redevlopment of the Bannister Mall area gets done and that the proposed soccer complex will work out for the Wizards. I'm not too keen on them playing over in KCK at the T-Bones' baseball stadium in the interim, but you gotta do what you gotta do and there wouldn't be a better place to play in the area.

The Bannister area won't turn into a LoDo or anything, but it will certainly give that area of KCMO a shot in the arm.

$50 deposit gets you on the season ticket list. As I am too lazy to look, can those of you in MLS cities/owners of MLS season tickets give an idea of how much they cost? I'd like to know how much I'll be in for after the $50. :D

$50 deposit gets you on the season ticket list. As I am too lazy to look, can those of you in MLS cities/owners of MLS season tickets give an idea of how much they cost? I'd like to know how much I'll be in for after the $50. :D

I payed a @50 deposit when Toronto was confirmed for their MLS team. The cheapest season ticket was $200 dollars and that's what I got. The $50 went towards that so I payed $150 for one ticket.

Here's the prices for Toronto season tickets for the upcomming season, The first price is the renewal price, and te second price is the new season ticket price. The third the Youth price.

CLUB - $1463 // $1520 // n/a

RED - $1102 // $1159 // $874

DARK GREY - $798 // $855 // $456

MED GREY - $513 // $532 // $304

LIGHT GREY - $266 // $302 // n/a

YELLOW - $228 // $285 // n/a

Edit: Since I'm in a bragging mood, the price of Toronto's season tickets doesn't really matter anymore since they're all sold out.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/news_story/?ID=222728&hubname=

P.S The guy in the picture of that article in the grey sweater that is somewhat blocked out by some other people is me :ninja:

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived