realmo

Seattle Officially in MLS

The Seattle it doesn?t matter what your name is because soccer is less popular than the WNBA in America, Manchester, Real, Chivas.

The Seattle it doesn?t matter what your name is because soccer is less popular than the WNBA in America, Manchester, Real, Chivas.

Zuh!??!?

I'm glad they are not naming them anything related to the Sounders because they ARE NOT the Sounders.

If you're trying to build a major league identity, using the name of a floundering lower-league team, even for all of it's tradition, is not a genuine step forward.

Tell that to the Baltimore Orioles, San Diego Padres, and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. :rolleyes:

And the Milwaukee Brewers, and the Florida Marlins...

From a story about the Seattle expansion team on MLSnet.com:

Full details on the team, including its home stadium, the club name and logo and team staff, will be unveiled at a Tuesday press conference in Seattle.

Whatever they do its automatically going to suck. Sounders has TRADITION. Anything else is a major downgrade.

Tradition's overrated.

Especially if the tradition is a crappy sounding one.

Suggestions have floated around for "Emerald City FC". That would be perfectly acceptable.

Suggestions have floated around for "Emerald City FC". That would be perfectly acceptable.

Sure... if your manager was a girl in a gingham dress and your starting XI was comprised of eight little people, a scarecrow, a tin woodsman and a lion lacking in courage.

Let me guess... the club's biggest rivalry will be with the Kansas City Wizards? The two teams can compete in "L. Frank Baum's Land of Oz Derby", with the winner taking home the coveted "Ruby Slipper Cup".

While Seattle's nickname may be "the Emerald City", Emerald City FC sounds ridiculous.

Whatever they do its automatically going to suck. Sounders has TRADITION. Anything else is a major downgrade.

Tradition's overrated.

Especially if the tradition is a crappy sounding one.

You know what...Orioles is a :censored: ty name too. It's a little midget bird. Who'd want to name their team that?

Seriously, just because it sounds bad to you doesn't mean it sounds bad to folks there.

You know what...Orioles is a :censored: ty name too. It's a little midget bird. Who'd want to name their team that?

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

FC Starbucks?

Real Spaceneedle?

Grunge United?

Seattle Teen Spirit SC?

It'd at least make a great U-18 team name. But they should go with Puget Sound SC, so if the fans call them the Sounders, it'll make sense.

or maybe...Real Nirvana?

That would work if they were in Tibet.

who cares. the :censored:ers in seattle don't deserve the team.

Actually, I was hoping Seattle and Portland would both land teams. The Sounders/Timbers rivalry was great back in the NASL days, and would be great if it could grow beyond the USL and into MLS.

www.seattletimes.com

www.seattlepi.com

I'm hearing that the new team won't be called "Sounders" nor will the Sounders colors will be used...

Name the team contest coming next week

Im curious to see what colors will be used more than what name will be chosen...I really like the Sounders colors so maybe management will choose something close.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Even though the O's have been really bad since that dumb:censored: Angelos fired Davey Johnson in 1997. They could have a World Series championship or two by now (since 1983). But his damn ego got a hold of him. I could rant on this for a pretty long post, but I choose not to!

or maybe...Real Nirvana?

I believe this was a Fruitopia flavor a few years back.

Congratulations Sounders. The Whitecaps, if Vancouver city council gets off their ass sometime soon and approves the privately-funded stadium initiative, should be joining you soon.

www.seattletimes.com

www.seattlepi.com

I'm hearing that the new team won't be called "Sounders" nor will the Sounders colors will be used...

Name the team contest coming next week

Im curious to see what colors will be used more than what name will be chosen...I really like the Sounders colors so maybe management will choose something close.

I wouldn't be surprised if the colors had either red, black or blue. I'm hoping at least some shades of green for once.