realmo

Seattle Officially in MLS

The Krunk ManBearBig Wolverines of Seattle Washington as Sponsored by Carl's Jr.com

You know what...Orioles is a :censored: ty name too. It's a little midget bird. Who'd want to name their team that?

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Even though the O's have been really bad since that dumb:censored: Angelos fired Davey Johnson in 1997. They could have a World Series championship or two by now (since 1983). But his damn ego got a hold of him. I could rant on this for a pretty long post, but I choose not to!

Evidently I needed to flag that with a sarcasm smiley. Although I would have figured the context would have been enough.

who cares. the :censored:ers in seattle don't deserve the team.

I second that emotion. From everything Ive read, Garber wanted a team in Portland. I guess the deep pockets in seattle won out. Have fun in quarter full stadium, guys. might as well call them Lame Duck FC.

Knee jerk reactions rule!!

I think AC Real Arsenal Dynamo QPR Seattle Emerald City Windows Vista United Hotspur FC sounds classy and not at all European.

Inter Seattle FC or Emerald City United FC or Seattle SC

I like Sounders. Not too fancy, sounds American.

BTW @ AJMfilms & Z3R0SYST3M - What are those things in your sigs. I've seen userbars before, but what are those?

BTW @ AJMfilms & Z3R0SYST3M - What are those things in your sigs. I've seen userbars before, but what are those?

Yeah, not everyone can be the Earthquakes...twice.

You know what...Orioles is a :censored: ty name too. It's a little midget bird. Who'd want to name their team that?

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Even though the O's have been really bad since that dumb:censored: Angelos fired Davey Johnson in 1997. They could have a World Series championship or two by now (since 1983). But his damn ego got a hold of him. I could rant on this for a pretty long post, but I choose not to!

Evidently I needed to flag that with a sarcasm smiley. Although I would have figured the context would have been enough.

Sarcasm fully understood. Perhaps I needed to add the smilie to my post. That being said, why couldn't you pick another example, like Twins or White Sox?

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

Sarcasm fully understood. Perhaps I needed to add the smilie to my post. That being said, why couldn't you pick another example, like Twins or White Sox?

Watch it, L-boogie. :D

Yeah, not everyone can be the Earthquakes...twice.

I understand that, but how many times are Eagles (74), Tigers (46), Bulldogs (39), Panthers (33), Knights (32) used for NCAA mascots?

I understand that, but how many times are Eagles (74), Tigers (46), Bulldogs (39), Panthers (33), Knights (32) used for NCAA mascots?

The NCAA is a different beast. You're dealing with entities that are spread out over quality and geographical levels, whereas with professional sports they're all theoretically on the same level.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!

They were the first team to pop into my mind as an example. :D

The franchise's website is now online.

http://www.mlsinseattle.com

If the colors used on the website are any indication, it would appear that at least a couple of shades of Green and a Pale Blue are in the running to be included in the team palate. For what it's worth, in the FAQ section it says that the official team name will be announced by Spring of 2008.

Let's go over this again:

Truly, really dumb wanna-be names and other assorted soccer nonsense:

Dallas FC

Toronto FC

New York Red Bulls

Cleveland Stokers (ah, the NPSL - 1968!)

Atlanta Chiefs

Atlanta Apollos

Caribou of Colorado

Memphis Rogues

DC United

Los Angeles Galaxy

Smart Names

New York Cosmos (Cosmopolitan, no?)

Oakland Clippers

Baltimore Bays

Boston Minutemen

New England Revolution

Tampa Bay Rowdies (even the Mutiny works with the right logo)

Miami Toros

Dallas Tornado

St. Louis Stars

Montreal Olympics (Olyimpique du Montreal)

SEATTLE SOUNDERS

SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES

PORTLAND TIMBERS

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS

(did we say NEW YORK COSMOS!!!)

Chicago Sting

Los Angeles Aztecs

Let's go over this again:

Truly, really dumb wanna-be names and other assorted soccer nonsense:

Dallas FC

Toronto FC

New York Red Bulls

Cleveland Stokers (ah, the NPSL - 1968!)

Atlanta Chiefs

Atlanta Apollos

Caribou of Colorado

Memphis Rogues

DC United

Los Angeles Galaxy

Smart Names

New York Cosmos (Cosmopolitan, no?)

Oakland Clippers

Baltimore Bays

Boston Minutemen

New England Revolution

Tampa Bay Rowdies (even the Mutiny works with the right logo)

Miami Toros

Dallas Tornado

St. Louis Stars

Montreal Olympics (Olyimpique du Montreal)

SEATTLE SOUNDERS

SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES

PORTLAND TIMBERS

VANCOUVER WHITECAPS

(did we say NEW YORK COSMOS!!!)

Chicago Sting

Los Angeles Aztecs

Please let's not go down this road.... <_<

I would almost not have a problem with some of the Club names if they were just SC, for soccer club.

You league is called Major League Soccer, not major league football, or futbol or anything with a F, so why not use the American convention.

Being an old NASL fan, I still love the Sounders. And for that matter the Caribou's of Colorado, the pre-cursor to the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

Seattle Sounders or Seattle Sounders SC. Either would be a phenomenal identity for the franchise. In my opinion, anything else will simply pale in comparison.

In fact, I would rank Seattle Sounders amongst my all-time Top Ten North American pro soccer team names. If I were to limit myself to just one pro soccer team name from a given market, my Top Ten list would be (alphabetically) comprised of:

Chicago Sting

Fort Lauderdale Strikers

Las Vegas Quicksilver

New England Revolution

New York Centaurs

Portland Timbers

San Jose Earthquakes

Seattle Sounders

Tulsa Roughnecks

Vancouver Whitecaps