Duke Helmet

sigepraider

I know no one watches Duke football, but I just saw a clip from the GT game and the usual "D" was missing from the helmet. The team wore blank white helmets with a single blue stripe, I will try to find a picture. I searched this topic and didnt see it, so sorry if this topic has already been started.

This is the only shot I can find for the moment

capta332eab70476474aa051af59625a9ae.jpg

I know no one watches Duke football, but I just saw a clip from the GT game and the usual "D" was missing from the helmet. The team wore blank white helmets with a single blue stripe, I will try to find a picture. I searched this topic and didnt see it, so sorry if this topic has already been started.

This is the only shot I can find for the moment

capta332eab70476474aa051af59625a9ae.jpg

Well, I actually do watch Duke football, but it was online only this week. They appear to have taken the "D" off this week

capt.cc4b42c8b68d4da48b93906336542e7e.georgia_tech_duke_football_ncsd101.jpg

Those regular Duke jerseys are pretty good, but if they had matching pants I think they'd be a hell of a lot better. As for the throwbacks, they are what they are....throwbacks. At the time they were probably worn that was all anybody wore. Plain striping and block letters for many.

Are these possibly throwbacks by just having the white helmet, similar to what Auburn did a few weeks backs?

Must be...those aren't their normal jerseys either.

(The normal ones for comparison, since who's ever seen a Duke football game?)

capt.6b0d92d1696b404791cdd25b0e724111.clemson_duke_football_ncgb106.jpg

Duke's football jerseys are great. It's a shame no one ever sees them (although would anyone really want to?).

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Those were the current blue pants with Nike replica 1938 "Iron Dukes" jerseys - the school's most famous football team. Unbeaten, untied, unscored upon...until the waning minutes of the Rose Bowl. As for the helmets, those were the current ones minus the Iron Duke "D" (the D is named after that team) and the pitchfork stickers to simulate a throwback look.

And, yes I watch every Duke football game.

Those were the current blue pants with Nike replica 1938 "Iron Dukes" jerseys - the school's most famous football team. Unbeaten, untied, unscored upon...until the waning minutes of the Rose Bowl. As for the helmets, those were the current ones minus the Iron Duke "D" (the D is named after that team) and the pitchfork stickers to simulate a throwback look.

Laziest throwback ever. They could've put ALOT more effort into that than they did.

Then again, this IS Duke Football...

Archived