The NEW Tampa Bay "Rays"

gingerbreadmann

awful. their current unis shouldnt have been changed.

just the people wearing em.

I agree with your second statement...as for thier unis I dont like them now and I didn't like what they had before either. They might as well just move to like Orlando or Jacksonville or something.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best look for the Devil Rays I've ever seen was posted here by therocheapproach...

TBLogos.jpg

One of the best baseball concepts and a billion times better than what they have now.

That is a pretty sweet concept

Thanks guys! I was also pretty let down by the new look. I work in the advertising industry as an art director I can say from experience that when something that uninspired and lifeless comes out, it's 95% the client art directing too much.

My best guess is that the front office was scared of venturing too far from what they had (not knowing they should start from scratch). Or they took pieces from five different concepts and threw them all together. It's like painting. When you mix all the vibrant colors together you get a dull brown color.

It's a shame they let a great opportunity go to waste, but I guess their marketing skills are as sharp as their player scouting skills.

While the logo is sort of... nonexistent (is it legal to call a word a logo in this situation?), I like the uniforms - clean, simple and devoid of ridiculousness.

But I agree, they really missed the boat on a logo design - probably because they don't seem to have an identity. At least with Devil Rays, they were ... well... Devil Rays. Now they're what? Rays of sunshine?

When are they going to pack up and move?

"Conduct may be founded on the hard rock or the wet marshes."

I'm not saying we should return to the early nineties "Let blow your eyes out with stuff" logo but c'mon. If we're gonna do this, let's just stick all 30 teams into pre-1910 type uniforms and be done with it. Nothing but block letters or the occasional cursive. BLECH. I liked what they had the last few years. Their first try sucked and this isn't much better but what they left was still the best they've had and THAT wasn't perfect. Hell some would say even THOSE uniforms sucked.

They're starting out like the Padres. Terrible uniforms and even worse players and front office.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

go back to the originals

Agreed. In a world full of red, blue, and black plainess. This guy

2310.gif

would be a unique change. Also, chicks dig the gradient.

Do they really? Well, in that case I better bust out something of gradient-ness. Sadly I don't have anything of that variety nor have any evidence that chicks dig gradient so I am fine by that. I could have had a 98-00 Devil Rays cap when I was in Cooperstown, but instead opted for the blue Blue Jays cap which gained the most notoriety during their back to back WS Titles. Either way, I was unable to get the blue Expos cap and the pinwheel Expos cap because it wasn't in my size. Still, I'm happy with my retro Blue Jays cap.

Yeah, the new Rays logos really missed the boat here. They could have done something more than brilliant (or at least tolerable), but totally screwed it up. Whatever, this team has been poorly run from day one so at least it is somewhat expected.

Archived