Nba all-star 2005

etown

i don't believe so.  But I can't wait...  If I'm still living in Colorado (which I probably won't be :( / :D )... I'm definetely gonna attend that event.  AtLEAST the Dunk contest and Rookie/Sophomore games (Boy, that game won't even be fair with 'Melo and Lebron teaming up)

IUe6Hvh.png

i don't believe so. But I can't wait... If I'm still living in Colorado (which I probably won't be :( / :D )... I'm definetely gonna attend that event. AtLEAST the Dunk contest and Rookie/Sophomore games (Boy, that game won't even be fair with 'Melo and Lebron teaming up)

I'm betting Melo and Lebron will be both in the real All-Star game next year (in fact, they could very well make it this season), which would make them ineligable for the Rookie Challenge game.

Denver that's not a bad choice to host, they have not had oen in 20 years.

Lets just hope their logo is better then LA's this year.

Also is it me or is teh NBA and NHL following each others foot steps

NHL ASG LA 2002 NBA ASG LA 2002

NBA ASG Atl 2003 NHL ASG ATL 2005

NHL ASG Den 2001 NBA ASG Den 2001

Should not other cities get it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Denver that's not a bad choice to host, they have not had oen in 20 years.

Lets just hope their logo is better then LA's this year.

Also is it me or is teh NBA and NHL following each others foot steps

NHL ASG LA 2002 NBA ASG LA 2002

NHL ASG Den 2001 NBA ASG Den 2001

Should not other cities get it.

NHL ASG LA 2002 NBA ASG LA 2004

NHL ASG Den 2001 NBA ASG Den 2005

I think you mixed up some of your dates :)

QPR%20Sig.png

I'm waiting for St. Louis to get something.

It's not NBA, or NHL, but Selig promised St. Louis the 2006 MLB ASG if their new stadium was ready. However, stadium plans took a while, and it's not 100% guranteed to be open in 2006, plus Selig is retiring after then I think, or maybe that's after this year, but either way, I dunno if St. Louis will get it in 2006, or any of the following years. Hopefully.

In the NHL, the Blues new arena is now 9 years old, so it's not exactly a hot spot. They were hurt by the fact that they had the game in I think '87 in the old barn, and just 8 years later wouldn't have worked. However, the arena is nice, and St. Louis should have it sometime within the next five to seven years in my oppinion.

Of course we don't have an NBA team right now.

I also think St. Louis should have a chance to have a SB, but I dunno how all of that works. I think the NFL should have an open list instead of only letting certain spots get it.

St Louis will probably get the MLB game in 2006, and I'm sure they'll get a Super Bowl one day... why shouldn't they?  The NFL is being downright silly rotating it between the southern cities every, what?, 4 years?

I'm surprised Toronto didnt get the NBA All-Star Game... with the new arena, tremendous fan support, and (at the time) an exciting duo of T-Mac, and Vinsanity.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

St. Louis and New yOrk are the two cities both deserving MLB ASG the most. Friggen Houston is hosting their 3rd since 1966 the last tiem St Louis had one and the Mets lasted hosted in 1964 Shea is a dump so maybe it shoudl not be there, but what about Yankee Stadium it has now been 27 years since 1977.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Do you supposed they will do what Utah did back in 1993 and use mountains as a background in the logo? If so, will it be just like the current Nuggets logo? If you look close at the current Utah Jazz logo you will see that they took the same exact mountains off of that 1993 All-Star logo cropped them a little bit, changed the colors, and then just pasted them into the logo. :D

1993_all-star.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

St Louis will probably get the MLB game in 2006, and I'm sure they'll get a Super Bowl one day... why shouldn't they? The NFL is being downright silly rotating it between the southern cities every, what?, 4 years?

I'm surprised Toronto didnt get the NBA All-Star Game... with the new arena, tremendous fan support, and (at the time) an exciting duo of T-Mac, and Vinsanity.

The only thing that will hold up St. Louis getting the ASG in 2006 is if the new ballpark won't be open by July.  From everything that has been said by the developers and the team, there is plenty of time to get the stadium ready for the 2006 home opener which is 3 months prior to the ASG. And it has to be, otherwise the Cards will have no place to play.  The new park is going to sit on land that is now partially occupied by Busch Stadium.  The Ed Jones Dome cannot be configured to support a baseball diamond, so the stadium simply has to be ready or the Cards will be playing some home games in KC.

As for the Super Bowl, that's another issue.  I am not quite certain that St. Louis is set up to handle an event of that magnitude.  The biggest problem the city has is a lack of hotel space in the vicinity of the Ed Jones Dome.  It's gotten better recently with the opening of the Renassance Hotel, but there need to be more rooms available.  Also, now that TWA crapped out and American Airlines has deserted Lambert Field, at least as a hub, air travel may be an issue.  That being said, I'd love to see it happen, but it just doesn't seem likely in the immediate future.

Archived