Arena football fantasy package

-kj

I'm cross-posting this, because I decided it could use the exposure in this forum.

In an attempt not to use the old Pittsburgh Gladiators logo, but retain the name, I've come up with a potential logo for the AFA team that I'm minority owner in (The Mad Mac runs the show).

Things to note:

1. I'm no nitroseed. :D

2. Yes, I realized part of the way through that it's somewhat similar to the Gwinnet Gladiators' logo.  I didn't really plan that.

3. See #1.

4. I stayed up way too late doing this.

5. See #1.

Full logo with wordmark

Logo alone

Secondary logo

No jerseys yet, though I'm envisioning red home jerseys and dark grey helmets with the main logo on them (minus the wordmark).

Give me some feedback on this.  Does it have potential?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I should smack you with a garden hose for #1, #3 and #5. :;):

Anyways, yes, this does have potential. My suggestion would be to, first, tweak the face, especially the eye. He looks a bit like a snakeman with the triangular pupil. The other major thing I'd work on is expanding and putting more emphasis on the shadows. I'd also tweak the proportion of the arm, as it looks a little wide.

Otherwise, the form and layout of it is great and it can definitely be pushed. Good job. :)

I prefer the secondary logo. Put a hilt on the sword and you would have a solid helmet logo.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Definately will look cool with some tweaking.  Maybe add a fist holding the sword.  with his face, maybe shadow his face, and add a simple eye and maybe clenched teeth.  Also, adding a "P" on the shield might work.  Just experiment with it.  hope this helps

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Anyways, yes, this does have potential. My suggestion would be to, first, tweak the face, especially the eye. He looks a bit like a snakeman with the triangular pupil. The other major thing I'd work on is expanding and putting more emphasis on the shadows. I'd also tweak the proportion of the arm, as it looks a little wide.

Otherwise, the form and layout of it is great and it can definitely be pushed. Good job. :)

^^^^

What he said, and more...

Also, I think the colors could be worked on. Make the black more prominent. You need some bolder colors. You could also afford to darken the red or the tan. But, lets save the tan so you can do my next point. The silver arms kinda throw me off. You have a tanish color, modify it to a skin tone and use that.

The design definatley has potentional, and not to sound to harsh, but I think it needs a lot of tweaks to reach that potential.

Round 2! *ding*

Thanks for the suggestions, all.  Nitroseed gave me a bunch of suggestions tonight on how to clean it up.  The face still isn't the best, but here's take two:

Full (logo/wordmark)

Logo alone

Secondary logo

POTD 2013-08-22

MAJOR improvement, Mockba! I like where it's heading. I think it still needs a few touches here and there, but overall, a big, big improvement from where it was. I like what you decided to do with the shield -- very nice touch. The face still needs a little work, but it's getting better. If you need any more advice, let me know.

Really great work, Mock!

I love the improvements you made, really well done.

The face - i think i know whats wrong: one, his eye outline is a little too thick, he's got on eyeliner or mascera or whatever (just checked with my wife, its eyeliner) thin up the border around his eye, or just lose the bottom black line, and thicken up the top one, and pullit to his forehead to look like his brow. Also, if you look for his other eye, there is about an eye's width of space, and you still dont see the other eye. I'd move the eye we do see, closer to the middle of the helmet. ANother issue is the nose. you have the shadow of the helmet on his face, but it looks like his face is concave.. i'd use some more black to create a shadow of a nose instead.

You do need a hilt on the sword, it looks like he's choked up on it, like a baseball bat.

Hopefully this helps, and solves the face issues!

Good logo, i really like wher eyou are going.. can't wait to see it solid!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Ok, my confession on the sword hilt... it's already there.  Apparently y'all are mistaking the red blob there for a gloved hand or something.  I'm sure that's probably not a proper hilt for this type of sword, mind you, but, and here's the big confession, I did it that way so that I wouldn't have to try and draw the hand.  I mean, y'all've seen my attempts at faces.  :D

I'm working on the face, but I'm having trouble going from "kicked in the nads" to something that doesn't look like "slack-jawed yokel."

POTD 2013-08-22

Instead of "working on the face," why not modify the helmet to a full face mask, with just eye holes cut into the front, or a wider piece covering the nose?

It mightbe easier than trying to redraw the face itself, and come off looking a little cooler in the process...

Just a suggestion.  Do with it what you will.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, I played with the full helmet idea, and that's all I'm doing for tonight.

Here ya go.

Take 4

I don't think I like it, or at least have it down yet.

POTD 2013-08-22

Well, I played with the full helmet idea, and that's all I'm doing for tonight.

Here ya go.

Take 4

I don't think I like it, or at least have it down yet.

That's nice right there. I agree, change the helmet color to match the rest of the armor and you'll have a winner.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived