The Five

DDR

1. Cowboys -- A big win over the team many people that were the best in the NFC.

2. Packers -- A complete and utter decimation...of the Brooks Bollinger-led Vikings.

3. Patriots -- Belichick and boys did little to impress me this week.

4. Steelers -- Showed impressive poise and toughness in battling back.

5. Colts -- Battled back from a disastrous first half, and you know Manning and Vinatieri bounce back from this.

I know you're looking for a reason to drop the Pats from the #1 spot...but that's just silly.

Mine:

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Cowboys

4. Packers

5. Steelers

I know you're trying to make the point that the Pats are playing at a different level than the rest of the league, but that gap...that's just silly.

Anyways, the dropping of the Patriots to #3 was in jest, and I'd expect most people to realize that the Patriots are going to be #1 in every poll, and read accordingly.

I'll give it to you a little early since both teams on Monday Night won't crack The 5 anyways and because some people are insistent upon stealing this weekly thread.

...blahblahblah...

I didn't know this thread was your intellectual property.

Merged.

I know you're looking for a reason to drop the Pats from the #1 spot...but that's just silly.

Mine:

1. Patriots

2. Colts

3. Cowboys

4. Packers

5. Steelers

I know you're trying to make the point that the Pats are playing at a different level than the rest of the league, but that gap...that's just silly.

Anyways, the dropping of the Patriots to #3 was in jest, and I'd expect most people to realize that the Patriots are going to be #1 in every poll, and read accordingly.

After all the Patriot-bashing I see, I assume nothing is in jest, regardless of how obvious.

Thanks again Dude I only have been starting this thread for the last year and a half until two weeks ago when you could'nt wait until Tuesday like everybody else on the board has. Then my good pal rams80 last week because he loves me so. Now you again.

1. Pats anyone who has them anything but 1. is a monkey

2. Colts still better than the rest lost by a fluke to SD

3. Cowboys Hate them but what can you say they are rolling right now

4. Packers They are so close to the Cowboys but we will find out in week 13 at Dallas hopefully I will have the opputunity to post the result in The 5 on week 14.

5. Steelers They were not impressive in the win over the Browns but they won in a game where they did'nt play their best. Sign of a good team.

1. Cowboys -- A big win over the team many people that were the best in the NFC.

2. Packers -- A complete and utter decimation...of the Brooks Bollinger-led Vikings.

4. Steelers -- Showed impressive poise and toughness in battling back.

5. Colts -- Battled back from a disastrous first half, and you know Manning and Vinatieri bounce back from this.

I chuckled when I read that. I get jokes.

:)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

1. Pats anyone who has them anything but 1. is a monkey

Well, if I was you I'd duck, as feces will be flying your way shortly...

1. Dolphins

2. Jets

3. Peyton Manning's Laserrocket Arm

4. Rams

5. Vikings

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

1. Pats

2. Cowboys

3. Packers

4. Steelers

5. Colts

Colts can't keep playing like the last few weeks, though.... if they do they might not make the playoffs. And if they do they ain't going far.

Easy on the panic button. Manning had easily the worst game of his career against San Diego and the Colts still nearly pulled it off. Indy gave the Pats all they could handle before New England regrouped and won the game. Your team WON the Super Bowl last year. Enjoy it and relax. Indy is not a has-been team based on two close losses.

As a Dallas fan, I'm obviously happy with the season at this point. FOX is definately thrilled they get to hype another "Game For The NFC Crown," when the Packers come to town. Wish I could go.

Top 5?

In the CCSLC it's turned into a silly battle of who starts the topic.

I'll just say:

3. Dallas

newsig.jpg

To those who say the Packers and the Cowboys, I have them currently sitting at 17th and 18th.

...so the Dolphins and Jets are comprehensively better than the Cowboys and Packers?

Interesting alternate universe you live in there, Sparky...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived