QC Riverhawks

cyandlux

On the wordmark, where the pointy serifs come off the top of the letters - I would make them curves instead of lines. The logo overall is sweeping and without a lot of straight lines, so the angular serifs here look a bit out of place. Also, I am not sure you need the black back wing. I don't think the bird is in a flying posture. Even if it were flying, the second wing, being a mirror flip of the first, should be pointing towards the back like the wave/wing is.

LT

• 4 months later...

On your latest revision above and previous ones, the thickness of the outline on the wave/river/fluff portion bothers me in that it is heavier than the rest. It also has thick accents while the face area of the hawk is more detailed and with smaller strokes.

I think your best so far is the revision with the full body hawk...except I would lose the whole section of that black wing- it looks awkward esp when paired with the other wing's placement. I'd also like to see either that very light blue shade only or the white accent only- not both in the wings.

The work is impressive but you could really head for something great here. I think maybe adding a green into the mix would help a lot...when I think of the ocean/sea/river I think shades of blue, green, or maybe brown.

certainly an improvement there with removing that rear area on the head of the bird. it flows much better into the ball now.

now i have to ask, which i think has been asked already, what is the area around the eye that you seem to be forcing into the design? the details in black aren't so bad, but mainly the tan/gold area looks strange...basically just "out of place." it almost looks like you couldn't find a way to express the detail in that area. i think you could loosen up in that area with less detail and maybe add a little bit to the front/upper area of the head instead.

looking great though, still very nice.

Archived