Who is the greatest post-merger nfl qb?

habsfannova

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In St. Louis, there was this guy, names Trent Green, he was great, but he got hurt, so in stepped Kurt Warner, he was great, but he got hurt, In stepped, Marc Bulger.

I understand your point, but Green played about 3 preseason games with the Rams, and Bulger hasn't done crap...he threw like 26 interceptions though. Warner was the money QB, and was great. None of the others were. That said, I understand your point. Also, I'm not trying to get Warner considered with these guys, but if he had played a full career, I think he could have been.

Your right the AAA comparision was not a good one. The CFL to the NFL is more a like the Japanese league to MLB.

I agree that's a better analogy.  Both in terms of talent & players crossing between leagues--although that's more common in the NFL-CFL.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The only CFL rule the NFL should use is the rouge make everyone have to run the ball out of teh endzone no more whimpy touchbacks.

Yup, and I think that was the best rule change the XFL made too.

Also, it should be that if a punt goes over 25 yards, it's a liveball for either team.  Like the XFL had it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Not to bash Montana, im not doubting his talent, but the thing I have about it is...

In St. Louis, there was this guy, names Trent Green, he was great, but he got hurt, so in stepped Kurt Warner, he was great, but he got hurt, In stepped, Marc Bulger.

I guess what Im gettin at is, Montana seemed like superman, but then when Steve Young came in, he was pretty good too. Its not as likely that two QBs would have back to back careers, on the same team, and both be considered HOF worthy. I would think that they would both have to be somewhat overrated.

Also, you have to realize that SF was not hampered by SC/Free Agency, and when it did kick in for them, they were average like everybody else, even with young.

I don't think that's a very good knock on Joe Montana.  The Only two good QB's in Denver Broncos history, and the only 2 QB's in the Broncos 'Ring of Fame' were back to back.

Bill Walsh just happened to be an amazing judge of talent.  Having built his dynasty completely through the draft.  And both fit in nicely with the West Coast Offense.  So it's not coincidence that two Walsh QB's were good, one right after another.

IUe6Hvh.png

The only CFL rule the NFL should use is the rouge make everyone have to run the ball out of teh endzone no more whimpy touchbacks.

Yup, and I think that was the best rule change the XFL made too.

Also, it should be that if a punt goes over 25 yards, it's a liveball for either team. Like the XFL had it.

I dunno about that Punt one.

Anyway, back to this quarterback thing..... :D

Terry Bradshaw...just count the Super Bowl rings...four.

I know he had a hell of a team behind him....Harris, Bleir, Swann, Stallworth, Greene, Lambert..just to name a few,but there is no way any of his backups would have ever taken the Steelers anywhere. Such standout performers as Terry Hanratty, Joe Gilliam, Mike Kruczek, and Cliff Stoudt remember?

Great arm, great football savvy and tough as nails...remember when Joe "Turkey" Jones dumped him on his head? Whoa....

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

About Montana, I remember SB XXIV.  I bet $10 on the Bengals, and they had just given the Niners the ball near the end of the game.  And I saw the look when he went to the line, and just banged my head on the coffee table and went "MERDE!."  I knew I lost, right then and there.

No other QB, except for McNabb this year and Elway in his SB, has ever given me that feeling.  Marino could come back, sure, but if I had 2 minutes left, it would be Elway or Montana.

Archived