NFL "75 Seasons" Uniform of the Future

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People like tradition when it comes to sports uniforms. Change must come gradually or in insignificant areas.

Look at the baseball uniform. Except for designs, types of material and bagginess, it really hasn't changed a lot since the days of Babe Ruth.

So don't expect anything like that space-age suit anytime soon.

The caption: "The only thing postponing skin-tight NFL body suits is public acceptance."

Don't you have to agree with this a little bit based solely off the reaction of the board? The thing looks silly- but 10 years ago most people would have said it was fruity to wear Under Armour leotards under a football uni too!

This is what uniforms will look like someday. Someday soon. Perhaps all the way to the year 2000.........

conan_in_the_year_2000.png

jongarlanduj6.jpg

I don't see padding being an issue. Most NFL players only wear shoulder pads and helmets. Fewer and fewer players wear anything else....

Say what!?!?!

He's pretty much right. At least in comparison to what we had to wear in High School. I had the Thigh,knee, tailbone and hip pads all in my pants. Most NFL WRs where none of those. Speed is just too important and any 100lb 16yr old who lumbered across the gridiron can tell you all that junk affects speed.

I'm sure some players still use thigh pads .....and obviously some wear flack jackets or custom stuff for nagging injuries. But the helmet and the shoulders are all that you can swear EVERY player is wearing.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I don't see it happening because it would be harder to sell to fans as merchandise. Especially football fans.

Preach. Even if these were ever worn on the field, would fans buy similar ones to wear in the stands? My guess in no.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

He's pretty much right. At least in comparison to what we had to wear in High School. I had the Thigh,knee, tailbone and hip pads all in my pants. Most NFL WRs where none of those. Speed is just too important and any 100lb 16yr old who lumbered across the gridiron can tell you all that junk affects speed.

I'm sure some players still use thigh pads .....and obviously some wear flack jackets or custom stuff for nagging injuries. But the helmet and the shoulders are all that you can swear EVERY player is wearing.

I'm trying to find recent action pics where a player isn't wearing thigh, knee or hip pads

jongarlanduj6.jpg

NFL75.jpg

I like it more with claws:

wolverine1.gif

Wow! Even Michigan's getting in on this! ^_^

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I'm trying to find recent action pics where a player isn't wearing thigh, knee or hip pads

Sports Illustrated photos of the week

Well, I looked on SI.com and seem to have found evidence both ways. Scroll through the weekly photos. In some cases (Favre and Adrian Peterson) they are wearing all the pants pads. BUT...Brady Popinga, Braylon Edwards, and many others are clearly wearing no pant padding whatsoever.

An informal tally of every player in these photos and I get 10 with no pads, 8 wearing pads.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Well, we know that Ben Rothelisberger (or however you spell his name) doesn't wear hip pads because when he got laid out last week against the Ravens he hurt his hip pretty bad. Even the commentators made a comment about his lack of padding in that area.

When I played Pop Warner football way back when, you'd get a penalty if you played in the game without wearing your mouthpiece or all of your pads. I guess things have changed.

Archived