NFL "75 Seasons" Uniform of the Future

njmeadowlanders

Well, we know that Ben Rothelisberger (or however you spell his name) doesn't wear hip pads because when he got laid out last week against the Ravens he hurt his hip pretty bad. Even the commentators made a comment about his lack of padding in that area.

When I played Pop Warner football way back when, you'd get a penalty if you played in the game without wearing your mouthpiece or all of your pads. I guess things have changed.

No, the rules just get relaxed as you get older and move up to the next level. Pop Warner football - you have to wear everything. I'm not sure about high school - I know they have to wear knee and thigh pads (and mouthpieces) around here; I'm not so sure about hip pads. By college, you don't have to wear hip pads but you do have to wear some type of thigh and knee pads. Pros - you're and adult and you wear what you want.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An informal tally of every player in these photos and I get 10 with no pads, 8 wearing pads.

I like your informal tally....best part of it is you can see any part of the legs on like 11 players (the front- wher eyou could actually tell if they wore pads- on maybe 4 or 5) but you somehow counted 18.

jongarlanduj6.jpg

Well, we know that Ben Rothelisberger (or however you spell his name) doesn't wear hip pads because when he got laid out last week against the Ravens he hurt his hip pretty bad. Even the commentators made a comment about his lack of padding in that area.

When I played Pop Warner football way back when, you'd get a penalty if you played in the game without wearing your mouthpiece or all of your pads. I guess things have changed.

No, the rules just get relaxed as you get older and move up to the next level. Pop Warner football - you have to wear everything. I'm not sure about high school - I know they have to wear knee and thigh pads (and mouthpieces) around here; I'm not so sure about hip pads. By college, you don't have to wear hip pads but you do have to wear some type of thigh and knee pads. Pros - you're and adult and you wear what you want.

In high school, at least in Illinois, you still need to wear all your pads. Some refs will give a penalty if you're not wearing your tailbone pad.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I always thought that the future NFL players will wear a mere shirt, a short, socks and shoes. And no helmet.

How will they be protected? Simple: an invisible shield, kind of laser covering all their bodies.

Same thing with the baseball helmet: it will be vanished, being replaced by a common cap. The ballplayer will have the invisible shield of laser covering him from the cap's button down to the heels. So we never will see more Bonds-esque protections.

No sir! I'm not Ray Bradbury!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Much different then this guy, who made sure that he had every pad in the locker room on. Maybe that is why he does not suffer from the years of the NFL like other do.

http://www.forzalane.net/images/uploads/ar...rson,Eric12.jpg

Dickerson,Eric12.jpg

Didn't seem to slow him down much, either. I think these players today are knuckleheads, and as sure as death and taxes many of them will whine later when playing without pads catches up to them.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

One of the things I love doing is watching old episodes of the Twilight Zone that supposedly took place in the 90's and 2000's just to see how off the mark they were.

As far as the unis... I remember one of the Broncos a few years back (Shannon Sharpe?) wearing a custom long sleeve version of his game jersey for warm ups. Since a lot of players wear under amour even indoors and in hot weather, I can't see too many players complaining if long sleeve jerseys made of under armour became standard.

• 2 months later...
NFL75.jpg

The caption: "The only thing postponing skin-tight NFL body suits is public acceptance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Could you imagine? They're tight enough as is...at least the rendition has "sleeves" if you want to call them that...just thought it'd be cool to share...

Do we have a rocketman sighting?.........

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

NFL75.jpg

The caption: "The only thing postponing skin-tight NFL body suits is public acceptance.

Could you imagine? They're tight enough as is...at least the rendition has "sleeves" if you want to call them that...just thought it'd be cool to share...

Don't necro threads unless there's news to report.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NFL75.jpg

I had'nt read the thread yet, so I thought I'd throw my two cents in. Anything wrong with that?

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

NFL75.jpg

I had'nt read the thread yet, so I thought I'd throw my two cents in. Anything wrong with that?

It's considered bad form to bump up months old threads for a simple one liner.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NFL75.jpg

It's considered bad form to bump up months old threads for a simple one liner.

Point taken. Thanks for filling me in. I wont do that again.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

1. This will never happen because of safety regulations and the necessity of in-game uniform changes.

2. Who wants to see a 400 lb fat lineman in THAT?

3. That's not near traditional enough. Just because we CAN doesn't mean we SHOULD.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1. This will never happen because of safety regulations and the necessity of in-game uniform changes.

2. Who wants to see a 400 lb fat lineman in THAT?

3. That's not near traditional enough. Just because we CAN doesn't mean we SHOULD.

EXACTLY! Those Rollerball-esque uniforms would NEVER be worn in pro football, no matter how good technology gets. And yes, who wants to see Tony Siragusa in that uniform??? (And for the record...The Goose didn't like the all-white Ravens uniforms and wanted black or purple pants. He claimed the all-white made him look fat...as if his 400 disgusting pounds didn't make him look fat.)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived