Bonds Indicted by the Feds.

TFoA

And now that there's verification, I can comment.

Nice that they did this after the chase instead of during. According to that article they could've done it during the season.

That being said, anybody know the amount of jail time you can get for this???

And now that there's verification, I can comment.

Nice that they did this after the chase instead of during. According to that article they could've done it during the season.

That being said, anybody know the amount of jail time you can get for this???

I'm no law expert, but Scooter Libby got 30 months for the same crime.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

But Libby got pardoned by the same President who apparently issued a statement on the issue.

Which begs the question: Why did Bush feel the need to comment on this, and will he give the same mercy to Bonds, who basically committed the same crime???

And Barry Bonds career now effectively over with this shadow cast over him. I don't see any team signing him now that an indictment is out.

Which begs the question: Why did Bush feel the need to comment on this, and will he give the same mercy to Bonds, who basically committed the same crime???

Considering Libby was essentially doing the administrations dirty work and Bonds wasn't I don't think he will get his sentence (if convicted) by Bush.

For each of the Perjury counts (formally, violations of Title 18, Section 1623(a) of the U.S. Code), Bonds is looking at five years imprisonment, plus a fine.

For the Obstruction of Justice count (formally, violations of Title 18, Section 1503 of the U.S. Code), Bonds is looking at imprisonment for up to 10 years together with a whopping fine.

So all total, he's looking at up to 30 years.

nav-logo.png

Time to initiate the Free Bonds Campaign. He shall over come.

Puh-:censored:ing-leeze.

My hatred for the man entirely aside, if he's guilty, which he definitely gives an appearance of being, he should go to jail.

You like under oath? You should go to jail. That's the law, and it should be rigidly enforced upon all, no matter the circumstance.

nav-logo.png

My hatred for the man entirely aside, if he's guilty, which he definitely gives an appearance of being, he should go to jail.

You like under oath? You should go to jail. That's the law, and it should be rigidly enforced upon all, no matter the circumstance.

And as much as I like Barry Bonds as a player, I completely agree. Furthermore, he had complete immunity. The only way to screw that up is to lie. What kind of damn fool do you have to be to NOT tell the truth when there will be no legal recourse?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

... agreed, but I think coast was being sarcastic...

I saw, I came, I left.

And as much as I like Barry Bonds as a player, I completely agree. Furthermore, he had complete immunity. The only way to screw that up is to lie. What kind of damn fool do you have to be to NOT tell the truth when there will be no legal recourse?

Because somebody will leak anything that you say that indicates you used steroids. But hey, that George Polk Award looks nice on Williams' and Fainaru-Wada's mantelpiece.

Or at least that's why you might think about lying.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Aw, c'mon, Rams. You can't be that dumb, can ya?

I'm not saying I would lie....it's just that the supposed protection of grand jury testimony has been eroded somewhat by a press corps that is allowed to overstep its bounds in the cause of "getting a scoop." Something to think about...at least until the media learns a thing or two about self-restraint and respecting the rights of others.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As a slightly different topic...I would like to see how many of those media members who are now saying that they won't vote Bonds into the Hall of Fame would vote known cheater Bill Belichick into the pro football hall of fame. <_<

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm not saying I would lie....it's just that the supposed protection of grand jury testimony has been eroded somewhat by a press corps that is allowed to overstep its bounds in the cause of "getting a scoop." Something to think about...at least until the media learns a thing or two about self-restraint and respecting the rights of others.

As a slightly different topic...I would like to see how many of those media members who are now saying that they won't vote Bonds into the Hall of Fame would vote known cheater Bill Belichick into the pro football hall of fame. <_<

... back with the Patriots subject, huh? ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

... back with the Patriots subject, huh? ^_^

It came to me during ESPN's coverage.... :wacko:

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived