New Orleans Hornets concept

Starchild

Alright, so this is the first time in a little while that I've posted an idea. Just wasn't inspired, I guess (or just too lazy). Whatever the case, I had been imagining what the Hornets would look like with a Nuggets-esque makeover. I have no beef with their primary logo (as dated as it may be, I'm a fan of its broad appeal to adults, teens and kids), no problems with the secondary and I love the Fleur-de-bee tertiary introduced this year. My main problem ever since they're move to New Orleans has been their colors. Teal, canary yellow, purple, it's just gross (especially those yellow alternates). So, I decided to see what they'd look like with the black & gold of the Saints - if nothing else, it provides some unity among the New Orleans franchises and also more accurately reflects the colors of actual hornets (from what I've seen, they're yellow/black like bees... although I'm not insect expert, so I may stand corrected).

As for the uniforms, I did a straight up color swapping... nothing new really done outside of moving the Fleur-de-bee to the back of the jersey instead of on the breast.

Lastly, I just want to note that this is just Part 1 of the idea I have. The second part will keep the logos and colors as is, but I little bit more of a "next-gen" jersey set sort of like the new Atlanta Hawks jerseys which I like more and more (minus the uninspired navy/red). Comments, criticism, hate mail welcomed as always.

Hornets_Logos.jpg

Hornets_StyleGuide.jpg

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I really like the conceot here and i like that the colours are similar to the Saints .

I agree though that a splash of colour would make these perfect . So i would propose making the dark charcoal grey colour a purple colour maybe , or maybe a shade of the teal or blue they have now . I think that would make all the difference .

Also i would like The Hornets to ditch there primary logo and re -design it or use the Fluer Hornet logo full time .

But its a really great concept

If any team were to ditch their current colors and adopt ones not like any NBA team yet, I would hope it would be one of the red, white, and blue teams. The corrolation of NBA teams to NFL teams is not new, but tying it in to the same city is, and so without a splash of color (as someone mentioned), I'm a little wary of that.

I think that if they would do new colors, they shouldn't do a little cop-out logo change like the Bucks and Hawks, but go out full-boar. Get rid of the Charlotte ties. I love the fleur logo above the nameplate, by the way, and as a standalone concept, I think it's great.

I must be one of the few that like the New Orleans Hornets' current color scheme. I do not think that the colors look bad together and make a good looking unique combo that represents their city well in the process. I do not think these colors are an improvement.

Thanks for all the comments thus far...

So what I'm gathering is that people just generally don't like the Saints colors much, and if the Hornets were to go with colors similar to theirs, a third color would be needed to make it pop more. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

All that said, are there any suggestions for colors to use? All I know is that I just can't use the current colors as is... maybe some tweaks here and there. My main concerns have always been with the jersey design anyway, so color schemes as a whole haven't been my specialty (not that anything has been my specialty anyway ^_^ ).

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Thanks for all the comments thus far...

So what I'm gathering is that people just generally don't like the Saints colors much, and if the Hornets were to go with colors similar to theirs, a third color would be needed to make it pop more. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

All that said, are there any suggestions for colors to use? All I know is that I just can't use the current colors as is... maybe some tweaks here and there. My main concerns have always been with the jersey design anyway, so color schemes as a whole haven't been my specialty (not that anything has been my specialty anyway ^_^ ).

I think the Hornets colours are perfect for a team in New Orleans, and unique to the NBA. These colours are fine for the Saints, but I'm not liking it for the Hornets.

I don't think the problem is with the colors....just taking the colors from another in-town team. Ditching the "Chorlotte identity" is fine and all....but not if you're just goes to steal (or borrow) the Saints.

jongarlanduj6.jpg

IMO - those are so much better looking than what they wear now - Awesome concept.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The only thing I'd do is change the lettering on the white jerseys to gold. In fact, I'd use as little black as possible on the actual unis, but that might just be because I like UCF's unis so much.

Great concept either way.

Archived