Good job Reebok

oakland ehs

And I thought it was odd to have Tampa Bay in the old NFC Central....or St. Louis in the NFC West.

Well, St. Louis is the Gateway to the West.

Geographically they would fit so much better in the North, that way they wouldn't have to travel halfway across the nation for division road games. Never got why Dallas is in the East anyway, I know they should be there now because of rivalries, but how'd they end up there anyway?

Sorry to steer so far off topic.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

And I thought it was odd to have Tampa Bay in the old NFC Central....or St. Louis in the NFC West.

Geographically they would fit so much better in the North, that way they wouldn't have to travel halfway across the nation for division road games. Never got why Dallas is in the East anyway, I know they should be there now because of rivalries, but how'd they end up there anyway?

Because in 1970 the owners couldn't decide the NFC divisional alignment in the wake of the AFL-NFL merger. Dallas wound up in the NFC East back then literally because Pete Rozelle's secretary pulled a particular alignment scenario out of a hat. 38 years later, inexplicably, they're still in the east.

nav-logo.png

Because in 1970 the owners couldn't decide the NFC divisional alignment in the wake of the AFL-NFL merger. Dallas wound up in the NFC East back then literally because Pete Rozelle's secretary pulled a particular alignment scenario out of a hat. 38 years later, inexplicably, they're still in the east.

One word:

Rivalries

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Has anyone forgotten that Atlanta was in the West for the longest time as well, which made little to no sense...but anyways, i think that the divisions are pretty much perfect now. Taking rivalries into consideration it has worked out well.

Carolina, on the East Coast, entered the league in the NFC West. Now that's just silly.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That draw was more rigged than the Patrick Ewing NBA Lottery. The Cowboys where always in the Eastern Conference/Capitol Division/NFC East, because Tex Schramm who was very tight with Pete Rozelle wanted them tied with the big market east coast teams(Giants, Eagles, Redskins) and on tv more often.

Archived