Winnipeg v Saskatchewan

Lee.

For all 6 of us who might possibly have a dog in this fight (are we still allowed to say that in the post-Vick era?), the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders will meet for the first time in CFL history in the Grey Cup next weekend in Toronto.

Both teams were underdogs going into the conference finals, but the Bombers were able to hold on against the favored Toronto Argonauts, even after losing starting QB Kevin Glenn to a broken arm in the 4th quarter (not his throwing arm, but still...damn Eiben). In the later, west final, the 'Riders took an early lead against the CFL-leading BC Lions, who just weren't up to the challenge this year.

In short, one of the fiercest rivalries in the CFL meets in the Cup this year. It would probably be a remarkably close game if our QB wasn't done for the year, but regardless, I'm thrilled that this is the matchup.

Good luck to both teams, but better luck to the Bombers.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any truth to the rumour the bombers are pulling khari jones out of retirement... lol... ok i started that one.... wooooooooooooooooooooooooo GREEN IS THE COLOUR

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

What a GREAT matchup for the CFL.

Two big rivals from the prairies going at it in the final! (For the first time ever, or in a long long time.)

However, with Glenn out, this one might not even be a contest. Though, I shouldn't say that since all I was hearing this week was "Lions will take down injured Riders." But that was FAR from the truth...boy what a let down today.

If the Lions weren't going to win it this year, these were the only other 2 teams I would have like to see win it.

Tillman has done a great job turning the Riders around, and they haven't had a chance to play in a Grey Cup for a long time. Joseph is a cool guy too, he's awesome.

On the other hand, I'd love to see Stegall win one before he retires.

When it comes down to it, I'm just looking for a good game, one that goes down to the final plays.

I believe these are the 2 teams that have gone the longest without winning a Grey Cup (existing teams--so no, Ottawa doesn't count here.)

Should be good there--I'd be expecting a lot of focus on the running game, with Charles Roberts. And also due to Glenn being out--What a way for Dinwiddie to make a start.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If this were an American game, it'd be Grey Cup XCV.

/got nothing

/no dog in the fight, but will definitely be watching

I hate to sound like and idiot, although it usually doesn't stop me, but where can I find the game on TV? I'd like to watch it.

BB52Big.jpg

Oh yeah my Bombers are in the Grey Cup.... wooo.. against Saskatchewan?!?!? dang should be a great game, even that will top the Banjo Bowl game... lol...but Kevin Glenn and his left arm.. ouchhhh I saw it.. dirty Toronto player... thart was a cheap shot... oh well.. and yeah I could have swore Khari Jones even said he could play for the Bombers if they wanna call him to come out into uniform!!! dang... oh well time will see if that indeed was true or joking.......

Yeah Saskatchewan hasn't won since the 1989 Grey Cup against Hamilton and Winnipeg hasnt also won since 1990 vs Edmonton.. so that shoudl be a good matchup!!! I bet the game will be soooooooo close... whew.. I gonna be yelling at the tv and jumping so much.. oy... plus I intend to tape the game for keepsake... hehe... no matter who I want to see win the Grey Cup, I am glad as heck we dont have see that snobbum Argos or the BC Lions in there at all... lol...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Oh yeah my Bombers are in the Grey Cup.... wooo.. against Saskatchewan?!?!? dang should be a great game, even that will top the Banjo Bowl game... lol...but Kevin Glenn and his left arm.. ouchhhh I saw it.. dirty Toronto player... thart was a cheap shot... oh well.. and yeah I could have swore Khari Jones even said he could play for the Bombers if they wanna call him to come out into uniform!!! dang... oh well time will see if that indeed was true or joking.......

Yeah Saskatchewan hasn't won since the 1989 Grey Cup against Hamilton and Winnipeg hasnt also won since 1990 vs Edmonton.. so that shoudl be a good matchup!!! I bet the game will be soooooooo close... whew.. I gonna be yelling at the tv and jumping so much.. oy... plus I intend to tape the game for keepsake... hehe... no matter who I want to see win the Grey Cup, I am glad as heck we dont have see that snobbum Argos or the BC Lions in there at all... lol...

Khari said that he had about 6 passes left in him. I say he overstated that by about 5.

As much as I want my Bombers to win this, without Glenn, we're likely boned. Saskatchewan by 14, although it kills me to say so.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That game in '89 was awesome. I still don't think I have watched a more exciting game of football since.

Go Riders!!

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I'm sure the Winnipeg/Saskatchewan game will be close as heck... by maybe 3 to 10 points... but that is gonna be a great game to watch for sure... I am really happy to see both Winnipeg and Saskatchewan back in the Grey Cup.. if Winnipeg did not win and Saskatchewan did win in the division Finals I would have cheered for Sask no matter what..same thing in reverse.. so... both a big bonus...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived