Winnipeg v Saskatchewan

Lee.

Saskatchewan is going to win after the Bluebombers quaterback broke his wrist against the Argos, if that didn't happen then the Bluebombers would win

There's a reason they still play the games on the field... Labour Day was a narrow victory by the 'Riders, Banjo Bowl a blowout for the Big Blue.

Dinwiddie under centre makes a big difference, but he's an unknown, and that's both an advantage and a disadvantage. His inexperience didn't seem to hurt him too much against the vaunted Argos defence, and although Saskatchewan has an entire week to prepare for him, they don't exactly have a wealth of game film from which to distill his tendencies and weaknesses.

Oh, and keep an eye out for our very own GMac's signature on these very boards. He lost a bet two years ago on a TNFF game between my Wolves and his Plowboys, and now he's going to pay for it at the... best... possible... time... B)

you're just lucky i passed on the opportunity to go (frigging flight hassles) or else id be there watching the green machine trounce the bombers... and as per the rules here is my pro "winnipeg" signature... which i still say was tnff only related but you took your interpretation of the rules so i did the same... and as agreed no pro rider stuff in my sig, no mentions of the wager, just a simple signature that commends them for their accomplishment... transaction is complete...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You Winnipeg fans are clearly delusional. No way a team dressed in gold would be stupid enough to call themselves Blue Bombers.

... well that's like saying no way a team dressed in black would be stupid enough to be call themselves the Blue Jays. :oops:

I saw, I came, I left.

Okay, I just lost my feed of the Grey Cup, with Winnipeg winning 5-0. Can someone keep things up to date here on how the game's going?

By the way, I realize field position's a key element of the CFL game, but giving up an intentional safety?

The Riders offense has struggled for the most part, and the Bombers defense have really hemmed Joseph in.

Meanwhile, Ryan Dinwiddie looks like he's been here before, it'll just be a matter of time before they score.

I was just as surprised as you, Mac. Seems strange.

philly.png

About the Intentional safety. Many teams will concede a safety if they think that the other team will get very good field position on the punt. I don't really see the point of it, and if I was a coach I would never choose to do it, but it happens all the time in all levels of Canadian Football.

By the way for anyone unable to watch the game on TV, they can go to http://www.cbc.ca/sports/ to watch it online. The only catch is that you have to be in Canada. If you dont live in Canada, type that adress into http://www.free-canadian-proxy.info/

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived