Billick: Ravens Will Protest Reversed Call

Burning River

the guy gave a half-ass "no good" arm wave as he started chatting with the other about where the 2nd donk was...they then went and made the RIGHT call.

In my opinion, this is less bothersome than an official that clearly throws a yellow penalty flag and then picks it up for no penalty.....

billick should dispute his paycheck as he's an offensive guru that cannot develop a QB or score more than 20 points a game in any season.

jongarlanduj6.jpg

As a fan of neither team...I see where the Ravens are coming from, but I am not going to view them as sympathetic characters. They are upset at the process and essentially asking the league to go back to the incorrect call. They should feel less cheated than Cleveland would have had the wrong call stuck.

Two other points:

1. Whether or not a FG is good should be reviewable. Three points, whether or not at the end of a game, is important. Something like this is exactly why replay exists (or should be)

Supposedly they don't review FG's because of times when the ball is above one of the uprights and it's tough to tell whether it was good or not. Someday they'll probably put a laser shining straight up out of each upright as an "extension" of the upright.

I was watching this game on Sunday Ticket and the officials could have done a better job of communicating. It was by no means clear right away that the game was over or exactly what was going on.

BTW, the NFL Network discussed the rule itself. I thought it was kind of a "break the plane" thing like the goal line, but it's not. To paraphrase, the rule says the entire ball must go through the uprights. If the ball goes completely through the uprights then is propelled back out by wind "or some other force", the ball must have touched a player, the ground, or "some other object" (that curved support for example) before going back out. Otherwise, no good.

So if the ball went through and a freak gust of wind blew it back out, it would be no good.

For the Browns FG in question, think about whether it would have been good if the goalposts were the old vertical H type that you still see on a lot of high school and playground fields. If Dawson's kicking towards one of those, it bounces off the upright, goes through, and hits the ground behind the goalposts. It was good without a doubt. I guess the Ravens' beef is with how the officials handled it. I understand to a point but the bottom line is that the zebras got it right.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

BTW, the NFL Network discussed the rule itself. I thought it was kind of a "break the plane" thing like the goal line, but it's not. To paraphrase, the rule says the entire ball must go through the uprights. If the ball goes completely through the uprights then is propelled back out by wind "or some other force", the ball must have touched a player, the ground, or "some other object" (that curved support for example) before going back out. Otherwise, no good.

So if the ball went through and a freak gust of wind blew it back out, it would be no good.

How bad would that suck if a hurricane just popped up right in the 4th quarter as you're trying to tie or win.....not only does it suck that you lose--- but now you're in the middle of a hurricane.

jongarlanduj6.jpg

How bad would that suck if a hurricane just popped up right in the 4th quarter as you're trying to tie or win.....not only does it suck that you lose--- but now you're in the middle of a hurricane.

It might be 12:26 pm, but I nominate this for post of the day.

DP FTW.

Billick is a genius (just ask him). By protesting, he puts all the attention on "the call" and none on his suck-ass offense and their suck-ass Offensive Mastermind coach.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Brian Billick. If ever there was wa guy more full of himself and so eager to prove his "genius" (well...among guys NOT named Bill Belichick), this guy is it. I think the fans in Baltimore and probably half the players (and after hearing that Ray Lewis tirade of a wekk or two ago, maybe, methinks, the defensive half[i/]???) should be, if they're not alreaqdy, protesting the fact that this guy still has a JOB. I mean, come on...this is the guy who was supposed to be the offensive genius, coming out of Minnesota, where he ran an damn-near unstoppable Viking offense, and gets to Baltimore, and--well, WHERE'S THE OFFENSE? The seriously need to get rid of this knucklehead after the season and start over fresh. I've been saying that for years now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived