NY Mets Uniforms

jayzcat

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving. Does anyone know / have you heard of any rumors of new uniforms being planned for the Mets? They're scheduled to move into a new stadium after next season (2009) and I'm guessing we may see a change. Any input would be appreciated.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard they were adopting their TATC Mercury Mets jerseys full time. I can't remember where I heard that though.

turnahead.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They have a Shea Stadium patch for this season that made its way online, I'm too lazy to find it.

Here's a small version of it:

Shea Patch

As for 2009, I'm hoping they get rid of the black when they open the new place, but I don't know if they're even considering a change.

Yeah, I've heard the rumors too that they're going to get rid if the black when they enter Citi Field in '09, but I'll believe it when I see it......I want those things gone so bad it's not even funny.....This past season ('07), they started out good, hardly wearing the black, then they went back to it in spades like in the past, so I'm not optimistic about it...... :cry:

Personally, I'd rather see them lose the stupid flippin' pinstripes.

Actually, when the Mets first began play in 1962, they adopted the pinstripes from the Yankees, along with the orange from the San Francisco Giants (who moved from New York City in 1958), and the blue from the Los Angeles Dodgers (who also moved from New York City in 1958).

YOZXkBG.png?1

They have a Shea Stadium patch for this season that made its way online, I'm too lazy to find it.

Shea Patch

As for 2009, I'm hoping they get rid of the black when they open the new place, but I don't know if they're even considering a change.

Knowing how ass-backwards the organization is, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The day the black dies, if it ever does, I will do a cartwheel.

(Now's a good time to note I'm 6'7" and about 250 lbs. and have never been close to successfully completing one in my lifetime...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Shea Patch

Knowing how ass-backwards the organization is, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The day the black dies, if it ever does, I will do a cartwheel.

(Now's a good time to note I'm 6'7" and about 250 lbs. and have never been close to successfully completing one in my lifetime...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Actually, when the Mets first began play in 1962, they adopted the pinstripes from the Yankees, along with the orange from the San Francisco Giants (who moved from New York City in 1958), and the blue from the Los Angeles Dodgers (who also moved from New York City in 1958).

Thats all well and good...and we all know there's an arrow in the FedEx logo ^_^

....but its time they stick with their own identity and lose the pinstripes. They aren't the Yankees, and should do what ever they can to distance themselves from trying to copy their uniforms IMO. I personally don't care where the orange and blue came from, the official colors of New York state are orange and blue so we can associate it with that if we really want to.

I realize the interlocking 'NY' came from the Giants, but as far as most people are concerned, when you see that logo you think 'Mets' not 'Giants'. There will come a time, if its not already here now, that a new generation of baseball fans won't even realize the San Francisco Giants once played in a place called the 'Polo Grounds' in Manhattan.

The Mets should go for a much simpler and classic uniform design WITHOUT black accents. It would be congruent with the look of their new classic looking retro park.

Thats all well and good...and we all know there's an arrow in the FedEx logo ^_^

....but its time they stick with their own identity and lose the pinstripes. They aren't the Yankees, and should do what ever they can to distance themselves from trying to copy their uniforms IMO. I personally don't care where the orange and blue came from, the official colors of New York state are orange and blue so we can associate it with that if we really want to.

I realize the interlocking 'NY' came from the Giants, but as far as most people are concerned, when you see that logo you think 'Mets' not 'Giants'. There will come a time, if its not already here now, that a new generation of baseball fans won't even realize the San Francisco Giants once played in a place called the 'Polo Grounds' in Manhattan.

My dear Mr. Powersurge,

The official colors of the State of New York are Blue and GOLD. The official colors of NEW YORK CITY are Orange & Blue. Those of us here in the Western New York hinterlands choose not to associate with the "Big Apple" and the Muts, the Bronx Bumblers, the deRangeders, and the Knicklebaggers.

Archived