Affirmation

mjrbaseball

Good day, all.

I just received an e-mail from the Assistant Sports Information Director at UNC-Wilmington.

Instead of fearing my logo website and asking that copyrighted material be taken down ... he thanked me for the site, and provided me with updated logos of several teams in the Colonial Athletic Conference, of which UNCW is a member.

The Asst. SID, Tom Riordan, even said that he uses the collection on my site for some of his work.

(I know, many of my pages are way out-of-date, I'd better get to work on that!)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I've also come to realise that a majority of teams, and leagues appreciate the sites that we have.

In 2001 the National Hockey League enlisted my services to help them with a promotion for Labbatt's Blue, in which they had the team logo of every Stanley Cup Champion on its bottlecaps.  I helped them out, and as a way to thank me they invited me to the Hockey Hall of Fame Library, and let me browse through various old style guides and pick out anything I wanted scanned for the site.

That's just one such story, I have a few more, and I'm sure PANTONE has a million more :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I dont know why anyone would object you are advertising them, and it only brings them more attnetion people who complain are just greedy, and what everything for themselves.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think, as long as you're just posting relatively small raster images, and NOT vector images, you're OK.

From my contacts that I've made in the leagues, I now know for a fact that pretty much all of the major leagues have WHOLE DEPARTMENTS whose sole purpose is to crack down on copyright issues, and wipe out illegal counterfeit merchandise.  And, don't think that they're not aware of us either.

I shared this story with Chris a while back, but I've been talking to a guy who has done a lot with Major League Baseball, and in fact, created the current Anaheim Angels logo and uniforms.  We were talking about the whole copyright infringement thing, when he mentioned that the MLB got ticked off because someone leaked the new logo out there ahead of the unveiling.  I asked if they knew who did it, and he said "yeah, this Chris Creamer guy".  I laughed and laughed.  I admitted that I was in on it a bit as well.

The bottom line is this: there's nothing wrong with discussing this stuff, posting raster images, and the like, but when we start divulging information (vector art, Pantone info, etc.), we make the people who are in charge of protecting the copyright nervous.  Personally, I don't really care if someone thinks that a lawsuit over this stuff could REALLY hold up in court; if the leagues don't like it, then I want to abide by their wishes.

I think it's better to stay on their good sides...

I don't know how long you've been reading GMac, but as a community, we've leaked all kinds of stuff. The Preds alts for one thing.

Something else we have accomplished along with designing logos ourselves was, complained so much about how poor one minor league logo was, that they took notice and changed it.

if the leagues don't like it, then I want to abide by their wishes.

I think it's better to stay on their good sides...

exactly what i was thinking.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I thought this was a good thread for post #3000.

It's true, we should stay on their good side, but it's fun to find out in advance. The vector logos are one thing I understand them not wanting out, but at the same time, I want access.

Anyway, it's a thin line, but I think so far we've stayed on it. If we cross it, they usually give us no more than a warning (see Coyotes new logo), and we usually abide. We're probably a whole new thing for those groups. Heck, they might even have people who patrol this board.

Since this is about the community in general, that's why I picked it for 3000.

WAHOO for #3000!!!

Wonder how far off 4000 will be, lol.

:D  :D 3000!!!  :D  :D

*Disclaimer: I've backed off on my being so involved with the post count. Having that lead for so long, I just kinda grew to love it. Like I said, I've backed off on that now. That said, I'm still excited to be the first to 3000.*

IHeck, they might even have people who patrol this board.

Which is exactly why I never give out any information to someone who comes on here and asks for vector art or Pantone information with THEIR FIRST POST...

Makes ya wonder...

I have also stopped leaking anything I discover.  No need to get on these leagues bad sides, maybe I'll drop a hint or something, but that's it.

The Angels discovery was a wild week, I think my site was getting about 4-5x traffic of it's highest day ever before that.  But, I never got a letter from MLB, and the Angels released it, on schedule, in January 2002.

That ultimately led to the mlb style guide fixing their hole.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Heck, they might even have people who patrol this board.

Someone I have worked for previously stated once that we would be surprised at some of the kinds of people who lurked here. One non-specific example was a very high-ranking official from one of the major four leagues.

well, i think you should harvest emails off the list, and leak stuff to the regs. That may not be me yet, but I'd still want folks who are here all the time to get the inside, early word.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Something else we have accomplished along with designing logos ourselves was, complained so much about how poor one minor league logo was, that they took notice and changed it.

and i ask one question: why was said team not the Toledo Storm?  *shakes head in disgust*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

$10 says the owner's son did their logo and it would break the kid's heart to change it...

Break the kid's heart.  Let him learn now that life is tough, and things don't always turn out in your favor.

That team needs serious, serious help.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I don't know how long you've been reading GMac, but as a community, we've leaked all kinds of stuff. The Preds alts for one thing.

What minor league team changed?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived