Trying my hand at NBA courts

Krona

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be in the minority here, but I really don't mind the look of the stained/two-tone wood courts as much as a lot of other people seem to.

That said, with these ones, the yellow ones are good, but I'd like to see the purple ones just a bit darker. Right now, it's giving off a lilac/lavender/mauve type of vibe, probably not exactly the image the Lakers are trying to project.

Keep it up, though. This is solid work. The template looks quite good.

The purple stain comes out pink. The L logo isn't right for center court. The baseline scripts don't work for me. I actually don't midn what the Lakers use now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Howabout actually using the team colors?

The whole point of what im trying to do here is use a tinted stain close to team colors as opposed to painting to specific pantone. three posts on this thread and you havent had one constructive comment.

Sorry, but it's not working for me. Using translucent variations of team colors destroys the integrity of the identity. Their colors are black and silver, so you have to use black and silver.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Tell you the truth I like the idea, and the execution, but now that I see it, it doesn't really make sense unless the logo is made of stained wood too, and I doubt we want to see that.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Tell you the truth I like the idea, and the execution, but now that I see it, it doesn't really make sense unless the logo is made of stained wood too, and I doubt we wnat to see that.

Yea I basically agree with LEWJ here. nice idea though.

I like the top left Lakers one, and the Spurs one is great with the trophies. However, San Antonio should never go to the two-tone, and let's leave the paint on the floor (especially for the key, a.k.a. "the paint"). The color stain doesn't look that good; for example, on the Laker's one, it looks like a mauve/violet baseline as compared to a nice solid purple at center court. I believe that two-tone can look good if done correctly; that is, Bucks are good because they keep the paint, Bobcats are garbage because it looks like a shed.

I'm giving the stain one more crack, because i really think it can be done, given the right circumstances. Just having fun with this new template. Here's a Hornets court ive been playing with. Im going to try a few conventional courts soon:

Hornets-Court.jpg

I like the idea of the New Orleans court, but I think they could pull it off just as well with solid color paint (I know the idea of the thread is colored stained courts). I'd also like to see the Fleur-De-Bee inside the three point arcs.

I'm giving the stain one more crack, because i really think it can be done, given the right circumstances. Just having fun with this new template. Here's a Hornets court ive been playing with. Im going to try a few conventional courts soon:

Hornets-Court.jpg

This is an awesome but I disagree with the others...Fleur De Bee is just such a perfect logo to represent this franchise IN New Orleans, it has to be at center court. Then, sub-out the team script with the H seondary logo and the court is perfect...for a team in New Orleans.

Now since I love this stain idea you brought up, let me offer you a challange....

Denver Nuggets...80's "Rainbow Skyline" era, that is.

There's so many colors in that logo, this should be interesting...

NYCdog.png

Archived