Bobby knight pulls knife on tech chancellor!

yh

I think it's pretty funny how the media immediately jumped on the Bobby Knight story and started speculating about his suspension and imminent demise when it turns out all that happened was a slightly heated argument at a friggin' salad bar in a grocery store.  When this story first broke, it was made to sound like there was some kind of assault involved, and now the latest version of the story is that the TTU chancellor apparently provoked the confrontation and was actually the more verbal of the two parties involved in the argument!

Man, screw ESPN. This is what was on their front page this morning:

"A simple food fight? When Bob Knight's tossed in the mix, it's never simple. No surprise that his appetite for destruction now includes a salad bar."

Appetite for destruction?? They're getting as bad as tabloids now. Ugh... they've completely jumped the shark.

My complaint with Bobby Knight is that he doesn't practice what he preaches to his players.

He stresses the importance of discipline and what not and then he goes out and throws chairs across the court. (although he has gotten better, of late)

IUe6Hvh.png

The NCAA needs more Bobby Knights.

He may be a bit high strung but he never cheats in recuiting and his players either pass or they dont play there is never any grade fixing with him.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well 2 out of 3 aint bad.

I rather have a good coach with a temper who makes his players into good men then a calm mediocre coach who takes shortcuts and his players end up becoming punks, and lawbreakers.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I'd rather have a coach who does as he tells others to do instead of being a hypocrite a-hole who gets mad at players for doing as he would have done.  I've played for hypocrite coaches in the past and they make for bad leaders.

I'm not saying coaches should change grades to get them to play... but all coaches SHOULD have the same perspective in terms of academic accomplishments as Bobby Knight.

IUe6Hvh.png

Knight is a great coach, and his temper makes most think lower of him than he actually is, but the man is one of the greatest coaches in college sports history, and one of the greatest leaders in sports on any level, ever. Ask any of Knights players, they'd follow the man into hell....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Im amazed at hwo good he is doing in Texas Tech they are ranked 18th.

I have a question how is Indiana doing?

I bet they are now ruining the fact they let that little homo who Bobby Knight lectured about respect in the hallway be the reason they fired him.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Im amazed at hwo good he is doing in Texas Tech they are ranked 18th.

I have a question how is Indiana doing?

I bet they are now ruining the fact they let that little homo who Bobby Knight lectured about respect in the hallway be the reason they fired him.

Wow, calling someone a "homo".  Now THATS using respect Tank. :P

Archived