Browns Will Wear Throwbacks Sunday

Burning River

And now on topic, I'll say it again: This has got to be the laziest attempt at a throwback since the Buffalo Bills busted out their "throwbacks" in 1994.

Not exactly true - the bottom line is the current Browns uniform is very close to their historic uniforms - all they can do is remove the TV numbers, wordmark and "AL" patch for the jerseys, use the thinner pants stripes, and revert the helmet to this style.

Remember, back in 1994 they didn't wear a throwback uniform other than removing the "NFL" logo and the logo of their supplier (Russell if I'm remembering correctly); they were already using the thin pants stripes. All they could have done (but didn't) was use the grey facemask.

I guess they could have busted out the orange pants and white facemasks for a "mistake by the lake" reunion.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Browns couldn't find a way to look good if their lives depended on it.

Must respectfully disagree.

The silly and arrogant "AL" patch aside, they have the best uniform in the NFL, my own Packers included.

Not quite the Platonic Ideal of a professional football uniform, but not too far from it.

I dunno, I think the Bears sticking to tradition, (except for the GSH patch) have the best Uni in the NFL. Love their striped socks, black shoes, etc. They, in my opinion, have the classiest uniforms in the league. Packers would hold the honor except for the fact they dropped one of the stripes from their "sleeves" and dropped the stripes altogether from their socks.

metslogo_215.gif

I will admit a grudging respect for the Bears, though I'll never admit that those bastards have great uniforms (patch included).

Packers should have made the 1994 change, but I'm sure there are people here who are tired of me whinging on and on and on about that, so I'll just say undo Forrest Gregg's "improvements" and we'd go right back up to the top.

The Browns couldn't find a way to look good if their lives depended on it.

That throwback crap ian't different enough from the boring uninspired look they have today. If you are going to wear an alt, at least make it worthwhile.

Says the guy who probably thinks Atlanta and Cincinnati have the best uniforms in the league. :P

BB52Big.jpg

Archived