Sign in to follow this  
thebigeh

2007 Grey Cup, Saskatchewan vs. Winnipeg

Anybody have any knowledge as to what uniforms the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers will be wearing at the Grey Cup this Sunday?

I personally hope they both wear their retro unis. Saskatchewan with their green unis with the shoulder hoop stripes and "S" in a wreath logo and Winnipeg with their gold unis, blue pants and blue "W". Both would look cool for that game.

Wellmaybe they should wear what each team wore the last time they won the Grey Cup--except they didn't have TV or film that long ago... :D

(Yeah I kid)

Well, I can all but guarantee you that the Bombers will be wearing their gold jerseys with blue pants. They wore them for both playoff games this year, and the East Semifinal last year...

I am guessing that they will not be wearing there retros since I have never before seen a team wear an alternate jersey in a championship game.

The Lions have worn their alternates in the Grey Cup at least once.

I think the safest bet is both teams in alternates.

I honestly don't think they would wear anything "special"

I am guessing that they will not be wearing there retros since I have never before seen a team wear an alternate jersey in a championship game.

The Lions wore their alts in last year's Grey Cup.

As for both teams wearing alts...first, who's the home team? If it's Saskatchewan, would the CFL let Winnipeg wear gold as a "road" color? If it's Winnipeg, the Riders don't have a white version of the alt.

Winnipeg wore gold last game in Toronto...

I didn't get to see that game, so I didn't know.

Who is the home team, anyway?

I beleive Winnipeg is the home team as they also are East Division Champions... so I think it is the case...

I'm not sure, is the Grey Cup home team decided on the better record? If so, then it's the 'peg. I was hoping for the Riders to be the home team because, while I'm an Eskimos fan, I really like their vintage jerseys, but I hate seeing color vs. color... it bothers me to no end. (see: pretty much every time the stubborn group of teams in major league baseball that wears their alternates constantly plays eachother and continues to wear their alternates regardless of the other team's choice)

So hopefully through some stroke of luck, for me, the Bombers will wear white and the Riders will wear the vintage.

the governments pro-line has the riders listed as home team... i believe its who ever has the better record... you couldnt just do the east is home because the grey cup hardly ever switches back and forth between conferences ie next year its in montreal

They practiced all week in their gold helmets

i'd say the photo is a good indication though. has a team ever worn a uni for a media-type day then changed it up for the game?

They practiced all week in their gold helmets

Duh. They've always worn gold helmets.