Utah Hornets

josh_cat_eyes

I was thinking the other day about the New Orleans Hornets and the Utah Jazz and why do they not just switch places. I know it would be kinda odd but its only logical. Utah is the Bee state or something and a hornet is like almost the same thing. Also New Orleans is well known for its musical influences. Anyway I did a Utah Hornets concept based on the New Orleans Hornets logos. I have taken out the teal, added black and darkened the blue and yellow.

809.png

hornets12.png

hornets2.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Josh, haven't you been here a while? Surely you must know that somebody suggests this switch about once a month. Newbies, mostly.

I've said this before for New Orleans and will say it again for Utah, the current Hornets need to burn those Charlotte bridges and get a new logo. Is the WNBA Charlotte Sting still around? Steal theirs, then people will actually be able to see it.

Josh, haven't you been here a while? Surely you must know that somebody suggests this switch about once a month. Newbies, mostly.

I've said this before for New Orleans and will say it again for Utah, the current Hornets need to burn those Charlotte bridges and get a new logo. Is the WNBA Charlotte Sting still around? Steal theirs, then people will actually be able to see it.

Yeah I am aware that people talk about it...but nobody ever does anything. Nobody ever gives a shot at a concept. I am just wondering what people think of what I have come up with?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The thing is, though, is that you used New Orleans colors for a Utah Hornets logo. Yeah, that't the colors they used to be, but if was carried over from New Orleans. Their new colors are more "winter" or "mountain" themed, or maybe not, but they're definately a seperation from their Big Easy days. These may correct the "Nicname Anomole (sp?)", but just turns the colors into the same argument.

As a die hard Utah Jazz fan and Utah resident, I can faithfully say that if the Jazz ever switched to Hornets or even changed thier name for that matter, a riot would break out in Salt Lake City, Larry H. Miller (Jazz owner) would go into exile and our beloved Bear mascot would become psycotic and rob a bank. What Im saying is we love our Jazz and the idea of switching our name is preposterous to us. They are the only pro team we have (unless the AFL is pro to you guys), because besides them and the olymipcs, the world Of sports simply ignores us (just came up with that. Its true though.) So the Jazz are all that we have and they are sentimental to us. If New Orleans wants the Jazz name so bad, they should have retained the rights to it whenever the Jazz moved here. Seriously, I think that the idea of switching with New Orleans jsut needs to stop. Your concepts are ok, but the idea is just plain stupid.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Right because you have so much Jazz in Utah.......the birthplace of......Jazz? I want the name back.......and I want you to get the Hornets.....so there....How about Utah Big Love?

Yes...and I want (the New England posters know what I want.)

I guess we're both in for disappointment.

---------------------------------------------------------

As for the concepts, could you try doing more than a recolor?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well I did make one that says UTAH on it and on the first one with the hornet I changed the citys name and I put UTAH. Oh well, I guess that I should probabaly go back to doing hockey logos/jerseys where I do my best work.

Well I did make one that says UTAH on it and on the first one with the hornet I changed the citys name and I put UTAH. Oh well, I guess that I should probabaly go back to doing hockey logos/jerseys where I do my best work.

Well...the franchise has had the same logo (with name changes) since Charlotte. Wouldn't a more complete revamp be apropos?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well...the franchise has had the same logo (with name changes) since Charlotte. Wouldn't a more complete revamp be apropos?

Yeah, you have a point. Just I am good at recoloring (unlike some people) and I dont see anything wrong with the hexegon pattern. Its also orignal as its the only one in sports (or one of the only ones). With that all I use is paint and I am not very good at creating designs from scratch. They probabally could use a complete makeover though.

might aswell change Los Angeles to something else too because they're not exactly known for their lakes.

They do have a river though.... :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

As a die hard Utah Jazz fan and Utah resident, I can faithfully say that if the Jazz ever switched to Hornets or even changed thier name for that matter, a riot would break out in Salt Lake City, Larry H. Miller (Jazz owner) would go into exile and our beloved Bear mascot would become psycotic and rob a bank. What Im saying is we love our Jazz and the idea of switching our name is preposterous to us. They are the only pro team we have (unless the AFL is pro to you guys), because besides them and the olymipcs, the world Of sports simply ignores us (just came up with that. Its true though.) So the Jazz are all that we have and they are sentimental to us. If New Orleans wants the Jazz name so bad, they should have retained the rights to it whenever the Jazz moved here. Seriously, I think that the idea of switching with New Orleans jsut needs to stop. Your concepts are ok, but the idea is just plain stupid.

Nothing says Jazz like a big ol' bear.

Nothing says Jazz like a big ol' bear.

Ok, ok, so the bear has nothing to do with Jazz. But think a moment.....wait arent there bears in Utah? Oh yeah! There are! They chose a bear for the mascot to further represent the state. I hear all this complaining about "there's no Jazz in Utah", but really, were not the only ones that have nicknames that dont neccisarily match. Go find me a Grizzly in Memphis. See if you can find a lake in LA. Ooo is that a Clipper I see in LA too? Maybe its floating on the Lake they have there! Must be my imagination. Can you fetch the Bengal thats running amuck in Cincinnati? Get my point? I admit that "Utah Jazz" doesnt make sence, ok. I admit that. But so what? The Jazz are MY team, I root for them, and they are part of Utah, whether you like it or not. And like I said before, New Orleans should have retained the rights to the name when the Jazz left to come here. Since the city didnt do anything about it, we had the rights to keep it. Lay off the Jazz. We arent gonna change.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Oh I know, I like the Jazz in Utah. I was just making a joke, about a Bear mascot being part of your Jazz argument. Hey, at least you don't have a rabbit mascot in Philadelphia for the 76ers.

The bear mascot is hardcore, too. Look at the fall he takes in this vid:

Archived