New Poland Spring Bottle

patsox

It's funny that the "100% recyclable" label points to the cap, the part that many recycling programs don't take.

But is that because, heretofore, they weren't recyclable?

Anyway, any company making the leap to make more environmentally friendly products deserves kudos. They don't have to do it, but they're beginning to see an economic value to "going green."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's funny that the "100% recyclable" label points to the cap, the part that many recycling programs don't take.

Anyway, any company making the leap to make more environmentally friendly products deserves kudos. They don't have to do it, but they're beginning to see an economic value to "going green."

I doubt it. There are a number of items that are made from recyclable materials that recyclers still won't take. Probably has more to do with their process than the materials.

On a related note, I saw bottled water last week that was highlighting the fact that their plastic bottles were made from corn, not petroleum.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I doubt it. There are a number of items that are made from recyclable materials that recyclers still won't take. Probably has more to do with their process than the materials.

On a related note, I saw bottled water last week that was highlighting the fact that their plastic bottles were made from corn, not petroleum.

So you have a drink, and a snack!

"Flexible" bottles = squeezing the bottom too hard and spilling water all over your shirt. These bottles are in my fridge right now, so needless to say I an enjoying my tap water, which actually tastes fine. Now if I could get my wife to stop spending $10 a week on water.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

wow, despite the environmental theme to this, at least it doesnt follow the standard "design" thread format:

1. post :censored:ty burger bar/ cut price restaurant/ motel chain/ sweet rapper logo.

2. "i think its an 'upgrade'"/ "its a definite 'downgrade (whatever the :censored: that means)" diatribe,

3. ????!!!! no conclusion. who cares anyway, nobody knows :censored: about branding, nor should you care.

its a coprorate logo trying to flog you stuff. its neither design nor art, its marketing and subsequnetly

vacuos, l.c.d rubbish.

well if youre not part of the solution, you are part of the problem, and with that in mind check out some lovelyness from the

brinlliant, inspirational folks at mark 12 of kc mo!

http://mk12.com/

poland-spring.gif

I loved those bottles...why?

Because they were fun to pop your finger in and pop it in and out etc...

Was a great little thing to keep you busy on those long bus rides playing HS sports...

It was like playing w/ a paper clip or rubber band, etc...

Just something to do with your hand, ya know?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Sorry that nobody else has mentioned this after two weeks, but Nestle Waters North America, the bottler/distributor of Poland Springs uses the same "Eco-shape" bottle nationwide with all of its brands, including the Nestle Pure Life brand which is similar to Desani and Aquafina (purified tap water). So, if you live in west of the Rockies, you can see Arrowhead in the same bottle, as with Ice Mountain in the Midwest or Ozarka in the Oklahoma/Texas/Arkansas area, and Deer Park in the mid-Atlantic. This got run because Poland Springs is their brand for the northeast. It's a noble cause if recycling is present where you live, if not, let's just hope that people actually make a living picking out such items. Nestle is the world's largest food company, so I think that have the right idea on lessening their carbon footprint, especially n Africa where they have been under fire since most of you have been born by marketing that powdered milk and formula was better for babies than breast milk. Then gain, most of you don't read much that is not posted on a message board.

Lastly, I assume you were doing more than just popping you finger within that bottle on long HS trips as you just told us you were never concentrating on the athletic contest itself.

can you still twist it up and pop the cap off?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

for starters, i am from poland spring, maine, so my opinion matters more than anyone elses here, obviously. the new bottles don't seem that bad, i hated the feel of them at first but i have never had one break or anything, they just feel like they are going to break. as for twisting and popping the cap off, when i tried the bottles actually ripped first, so the air came out, and i kept twisting and the bottle became 2 pieces. So, thats a no.

Lastly, I assume you were doing more than just popping you finger within that bottle on long HS trips as you just told us you were never concentrating on the athletic contest itself.

Well, you assume correctly.....

But you could also pop the cap off (as mentioned) and crush the bottle down the ridges and try to bring it back to normal shape...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived