CNN Reporting Redskins' S Sean Taylor Shot in Miami

BlueSky

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he got shot in the pelvis? Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I pray for a speedy recovery for young Mr. Taylor.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Color me a little less sympathetic. Trouble seems to follow this guy:

Link

Let's wait for more facts before we send flowers to the hospital. I'd be less than shocked to find that there's more to the story than a random home invasion.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, but I agree. I want the whole story before he gets my sympathy.

Link

Let's wait for more facts before we send flowers to the hospital. I'd be less than shocked to find that there's more to the story than a random home invasion.

Nice. So it's OK to get shot if you "had it coming" or something? No matter what led him to this point don't you think it's a little crass to say you're a "little less sympathetic" towards a guy who was shot and is in critical condition? If some sort of foul play was involved we should what? Hope that he dies? Hope that he's crippled?

Let the facts play out before you decide that he was the victim of a shooting simply because "trouble follows him around." You may be right, but if you're not you're going to look like the biggest horse's ass on this board. That's why it's smart to keep your mouth shut until the facts unfold.

BB52Big.jpg

If some sort of foul play was involved we should what? Hope that he dies? Hope that he's crippled?

By no means am I implying that this example applies to Sean Taylor's situation, but in certain situations I would absolutely hope for someone's death. You're telling me that -- for example -- you wouldn't wish death upon someone who goes on a shooting spree, taking down 15 innocent bystanders in the process? If a police officer shoots that guy down, you'd hope for his speedy recovery? I understand that the example is a bit extreme, but there are situations in which his original sentiment wouldn't be deemed as rash or outlandish.

Again, I'm not implying that Taylor's situation has anything to do with that example...as far as we know, the police are now investigating a possible robbery. Milo's original post simply stated that we should learn from a track record and not jump the gun with our outpouring of sympathy just yet.

Link

Nice. So it's OK to get shot if you "had it coming" or something? No matter what led him to this point don't you think it's a little crass to say you're a "little less sympathetic" towards a guy who was shot and is in critical condition? If some sort of foul play was involved we should what? Hope that he dies? Hope that he's crippled?

Let the facts play out before you decide that he was the victim of a shooting simply because "trouble follows him around." You may be right, but if you're not you're going to look like the biggest horse's ass on this board. That's why it's smart to keep your mouth shut until the facts unfold.

Saved me a post.

Although considering what I know of the people who are making those posts, I can't say I'm surprised...

By no means am I implying that this example applies to Sean Taylor's situation, but in certain situations I would absolutely hope for someone's death.

If it doesn't apply then don't use it to support your argument.

You're telling me that -- for example -- you wouldn't wish death upon someone who goes on a shooting spree, taking down 15 innocent bystanders in the process? If a police officer shoots that guy down, you'd hope for his speedy recovery? I understand that the example is a bit extreme, but there are situations in which his original sentiment wouldn't be deemed as rash or outlandish.

This is entirely different and it's why I can't grant your premise. From what I have seen so far, police are investigating a robbery at Taylor's home. The "wait until the facts come out" thing works both ways. I'm not saying we should have a candle light vigil for Sean Taylor. All I am saying is that it's just as bad for you or Milo to jump to an unsupported conclusion as it is to immediately canonize Taylor simply because he was shot.

And yes, I am telling you that I wouldn't wish for a criminal's death under any circumstances. I prefer that they live and be tortured for the rest of their lives. B)

BB52Big.jpg

By no means am I implying that this example applies to Sean Taylor's situation, but in certain situations I would absolutely hope for someone's death.

If it doesn't apply then don't use it to support your argument.

You're telling me that -- for example -- you wouldn't wish death upon someone who goes on a shooting spree, taking down 15 innocent bystanders in the process? If a police officer shoots that guy down, you'd hope for his speedy recovery? I understand that the example is a bit extreme, but there are situations in which his original sentiment wouldn't be deemed as rash or outlandish.

This is entirely different and it's why I can't grant your premise. From what I have seen so far, police are investigating a robbery at Taylor's home. The "wait until the facts come out" thing works both ways. I'm not saying we should have a candle light vigil for Sean Taylor. All I am saying is that it's just as bad for you or Milo to jump to an unsupported conclusion as it is to immediately canonize Taylor simply because he was shot.

And yes, I am telling you that I wouldn't wish for a criminal's death under any circumstances. I prefer that they live and be tortured for the rest of their lives. B)

If you'll read either of my posts, you'll see that I'm not taking either side of the story. I'm merely saying that we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions either for or against Taylor until we hear all the details.

Link

Saved me a post.

Although considering what I know of the people who are making those posts, I can't say I'm surprised...

But you still made one? Anyway, Unwind best understood what I said, others just put words in my mouth. Tell me there's seldom more to the story when something unfortunate happens to those with a history of creating their own trouble. Tell me I'm being completely outrageous for suggesting the mere possibility of such here. I never said anything close to hoping he'd die or be crippled. I only said that I'm "less than sympathetic" to his situation, and I stand by that. I said in my original post that we should "wait for more facts"...but I guess some people here only want that applied in one direction.

Someone is shot and people are using it to take cheap shots at other members of this board.

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk.

Why not wait to see what the circumstances of the shooting were before using the unfortunate Mr. Taylor to bully people, Mr. Illwauk

If Mr. Taylor was the victim of a home invasion and nothing more, then yes, i feel sorry for the man and hope he can get back onto his feet as soon as he can. If it was because of some dirty dealings he had, well, my sympathy is simply not going to be there. Is it me saying "Well, i hope he dies"? No, it is not. However, i do not have to feel sorry for the man if he brought the situation upon himself.

So how's bout we just wait and see...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

considering he was shot infront of his daughter either way you cant say you wouldnt be sympathetic in this situation. Any child who witness their father being shot is a fairly traumatic situation and you guys really should have a little more empathy for this man who is in a coma. Even if he did bring it on himself no one should ever be put in that situation of being shot infront of their own child. Its really really sad to see some of these reactions.

considering he was shot infront of his daughter either way you cant say you wouldnt be sympathetic in this situation. Any child who witness their father being shot is a fairly traumatic situation and you guys really should have a little more empathy for this man who is in a coma. Even if he did bring it on himself no one should ever be put in that situation of being shot infront of their own child. Its really really sad to see some of these reactions.

If that's the case, then there is no question you should feel sorry for his daughter. Again, I'm reserving my feelings on Sean Taylor until the details surface. Sympathy for his daughter should not be in question, though.

Someone is shot and people are using it to take cheap shots at other members of this board.

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk.

Why not wait to see what the circumstances of the shooting were before using the unfortunate Mr. Taylor to bully people, Mr. Illwauk

If Mr. Taylor was the victim of a home invasion and nothing more, then yes, i feel sorry for the man and hope he can get back onto his feet as soon as he can. If it was because of some dirty dealings he had, well, my sympathy is simply not going to be there. Is it me saying "Well, i hope he dies"? No, it is not. However, i do not have to feel sorry for the man if he brought the situation upon himself.

So how's bout we just wait and see...

That's what I was trying (and failed) to say. My apologies for botching it and coming across as heavy-handed.

BB52Big.jpg

Idk anyone who says Taylor brought this on himself needs to examine the situation. Someone broke into his house and shot him infront of his daughter. I mean a 24 year old man is on life support all because someone was jealous of his life, and wanted his money. They then resorted to the worst possible act a human could do. I mean this guy was shot infront of his own daughter and were waiting for all the facts to come out? Either way this is a horrible tragedy and like him or not you have to feel for his family in this situation. If your even a fan of the NFL how can you not feel bad. This man dedicated his life to a game we all love and enjoy and now his very existence is threatened just because he played a game. Prevoked murder or not, how can you not pray for Shaun Taylor?

Archived