CNN Reporting Redskins' S Sean Taylor Shot in Miami

BlueSky

For the first time since this occurred I've had ESPN on, and I keep seeing the reports and the interviews and all of that, and I'm flashing back to the deaths of Darryl Kile and Josh Hancock.

While there were plenty who thought I was too attached for being as shaken as I was by those deaths, I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who shares a similar attachment with my teams. These sports franchises are families, and that includes fans.

So I want to re-emphasize my thoughts and prayers with the entire Taylor and Redskins families.

Regardless of how or why this happened, it's someone dieing too soon, leaving behind too many, and whether or not he'd made mistakes--no matter how many or how severe--he touched a lot of people in a lot of good ways, and there's no doubt he'll be missed.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the first time since this occurred I've had ESPN on, and I keep seeing the reports and the interviews and all of that, and I'm flashing back to the deaths of Darryl Kile and Josh Hancock.

While there were plenty who thought I was too attached for being as shaken as I was by those deaths, I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who shares a similar attachment with my teams. These sports franchises are families, and that includes fans.

Oh, please--not this again. To team owners, management and players we are nothing but a revenue stream. It's a delusion that the emotional attachment is anything but one-way. You were too attached to be so shaken up by those deaths, especially that of the drunk, high and texting driver. Oh, and you are not a Cardinal.

[/threadjack, let's get back to talking about Taylor now.]

Oh, please--not this again. To team owners, management and players we are nothing but a revenue stream. It's a delusion that the emotional attachment is anything but one-way. You were too attached to be so shaken up by those deaths, especially that of the drunk, high and texting driver. Oh, and you are not a Cardinal.

If you have enough passion to cheer when your favorite team wins, and be upset when they lose... how can you not possibly be moved in some way when one of them dies?

If you have enough passion to cheer when your favorite team wins, and be upset when they lose... how can you not possibly be moved in some way when one of them dies?

I agree with you--it's moving in some way. But a lot of people really went overboard. Personally, this kind of event stuns me for about two minutes, I marvel at the questionable circumstances usually involved, and I move on. I was just trying to restore perspective, and nip any of this "family" stuff in the bud.

Nah, Milo, you're trying to call someone out and stir up something like usual.

You need not mention something everytime you see something that you're not in particular agreement with. I really don't care whether you agree with me or not. I feel how I do, I'm pretty sure there's at least some others out there who feel the same way.

I was simply reminded of how I felt (whether you think I'm messed up or not), and figured I'd note that, I'm sure there's some people who feel similar.

Leave me, leave it be, Milo, and start worrying about yourself instead of everybody else's little nuiances.

You're the one trying to turn this into some other discussion. Yes, let's please get back to Taylor as that's where I left off.

Nah, Milo, you're trying to call someone out and stir up something like usual.

No, I said what I meant.

You need not mention something everytime you see something that you're not in particular agreement with. I really don't care whether you agree with me or not. I feel how I do, I'm pretty sure there's at least some others out there who feel the same way.

So you're saying I shouldn't post a dissenting opinion on a message board? That's kind of how they work, as an exchange of information and opinions. You post yours, I post mine and we agree or disagree on them. Let's either drop this or pick it up in the Hancock thread or by PM. Again, back to Taylor...

I thought I would bring that back up.

I reserved to make any comment before because I just didn't know what to think. I felt that all of the scenario's regarding motive that were brought up had valid points. So, now that we know it is SAID to be a "robbery gone wrong". There were 2 confessions so far. They did not expect Taylor or anyone to be home. I guess of the 4 captured, one used to cut his lawn and another knows someone who dated Taylor's cousin. (Or something like that) They knew it was Taylors house and figured that it would be good target to loot.

I still don't understand something. The ploice are saying that robbery was clearly the motive. Yet, they obviously robbed the house with a loaded gun. Plus they had to break down a bedroom door. Why are they not saying that the intent had to be to hurt someone? Robbery with a loaded gun seems like you're ready to kill (Or hurt someone) if you have to. I'm NOT saying there were other intentions directed toward Taylor. I just wonder why the police are stating that it was"CLEARLY" just supposed to be a robbery. It's almost like they are planting the seed for a lesser sentence. Or they are stating that it is "CLEARLY" not Taylor's past catching up to him without using those exact words.

Archived