NBA Jersey Sizing Question

amare32

Can anyone here confirm the relative sizes of an authentic v. a swingman jersey?

I'm looking to order an authentic Kevin Durant jersey.

Alas, I cannot find any authentic NBA jerseys to try on -- other than Suns' jerseys, which have extra wide shoulders and thus don't fit like other teams' jerseys.

I have tried on a size large Sonics swingman jersey. It was just a bit bigger than I'd like; I'm 5'10", 170 lbs. The dude at the store told me that the swingman jerseys run about a half size larger than the authentics, so I would probably be good to order the authentic jersey in a size 44.

I would hate to order an authentic jersey and have it not fit.

Many thanks.

NBA Jersey Sizing

This should help. It appears that if you want a little smaller than a large swingman, you would probably want to go with a size 40.

I have an pistons jersey from a couple of years ago that I compared to a large swingman, and the swingman seemed a little shorter in the front, but longer in the back, and the swingman seemed a little wider, so I am not sure how accurate those numbers are.

I would guess that a size 40 would probably be best, but a 44 is closer to an xl I believe.

NBA Jersey Sizing

This should help. It appears that if you want a little smaller than a large swingman, you would probably want to go with a size 40.

I have an pistons jersey from a couple of years ago that I compared to a large swingman, and the swingman seemed a little shorter in the front, but longer in the back, and the swingman seemed a little wider, so I am not sure how accurate those numbers are.

I would guess that a size 40 would probably be best, but a 44 is closer to an xl I believe.

Many thanks.

Ummm ... so i've been through the ringer with this whole authentic jersey sizing thing.

When Nike lost the license a few years ago i bought an authentic, size 48. I had tried it on at the store to make sure what size to order, yada yada yada.

When they sent me the jersey, it was nowhere near the same size i tried on a few weeks earlier.

I called Nike and pretty much said: "WTF?"

They sent me a "larger size" with the same size 48 jock tag sew on the front. To this day, i'm still puzzled.

Also, as Reebok lost the license a few years ago, i purchased another authentic, same jock tag size, only this time, it's way too big.

My advice ... don't order it. If you have a local shop/store that sells them off the rack, go there and buy it first hand after trying it on.

I have an authentic Michael Redd jersey, and with the authentics, the sizing might be a bit off. I wear a L or XL shirt... basically the XL is too big, mostly in length but also in width. So if you're between sizes, go a size down. A 44 should be good for you. I'm wishing I had gotten the 48, but I was confused and went too high.

Now that I've helped you, you can give me an occasion to wear my jersey. Just to the games?

Archived