NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My least favorite monochrome look...

BRADY16.jpg

Beat ya to it, Bri! ^_^

It was worn twice in 2002...against the Broncos and Packers...both losses...and thus, this combo hasn't been seen since.

In retrospect...I guess they weren't that bad. I dunno...I wouldn't complain if they showed up once...but that's it.

Now there's a dark mono I've never seen before...never even HEARD of. It doesn't surprise me, though, that it was in 2002 that the Patriots donned this look, considering that was the year the dark mono craze started to take hold. Note to Belichick: NEVER...AGAIN!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

maybe i missed it, in the sea of monochrome... but the titans have worn all navy AND all columbia monochromes more than once each.

vince.jpg

vince-young-looking-to-pass.jpg

Nope...I missed it. And the sad thing is I have pics of BOTH looks in my archive folder. But thanks for going ahead and putting those up, Cole.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

72907997.jpg

2834555.jpg

I'm not really taking a side on this but is white on white considered monochromatic?

In the purist sense, yes, white-on-white would be considered monochromatic.

But in this particular thread, we're concentrating on and chronicling the spread of the disease that spread through the NFL known as DARK mono. :D

Also, just to clarify for those who asked, the Chiefs and Redskins have never gone mono.

Nor have the Pittsburgh Steelers. The team's players have asked to, but Dan Rooney, in a triumph of good taste, basically told them, "Not while I'm still alive."

Are you saying they've asked to wear black pants? There's no other way they COULD go mono, which means adding a new pair of pants to their set. Can you make "minor" changes like that without league approval?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yes, I am A Browns fan.

I do have to say that I think Pittsburgh would look pretty bad-a$$ in all black. They would need to keep the side stripe to a minimum on the pants, not a thick gold stripe. I don't like when teams add a black jersey... then the next thing you know they are all black: Jacksonville and Baltimore.

Also, just to clarify for those who asked, the Chiefs and Redskins have never gone mono.

Nor have the Pittsburgh Steelers. The team's players have asked to, but Dan Rooney, in a triumph of good taste, basically told them, "Not while I'm still alive."

Are you saying they've asked to wear black pants? There's no other way they COULD go mono, which means adding a new pair of pants to their set. Can you make "minor" changes like that without league approval?

I think it would have been the other way around - I thought I read somewhere (probably on this board :D ) that the Steelers were considering a yellow alt jersey, particularly for use in September for road games in hot-weather cities like Jacksonville, etc. where the home team wears white forcing them to wear black.

I think it would have been the other way around - I thought I read somewhere (probably on this board :D ) that the Steelers were considering a yellow alt jersey, particularly for use in September for road games in hot-weather cities like Jacksonville, etc. where the home team wears white forcing them to wear black.

So...all YELLOW?!? If they do that, they need to just wear the throwback helmet too. Here's a rough Photoshop of what that would look like:

banana.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The best monochrome looks to me are the all black of the falcons and jaguars, and that all-navy of the chargers from a few years ago. There are a few others that are decent though.

Also, since I have now seen that the Patriots have worn the usual away pants with home jerseys, have they ever worn the silver pants with the white jersey? I think that might look alright for a game or two.

MegatronSig2.jpg

My take is simple. All monochromes look horrible. (I'm assuming all-white is not part of the conversation)

Some aren't as awful as others but being a lesser degree of ugly doesn't mean you look good. The monochromes look like High School uniforms. It's professional football and most of these teams dress like they're 13 year olds.

BB52Big.jpg

So...all YELLOW?!? If they do that, they need to just wear the throwback helmet too. Here's a rough Photoshop of what that would look like:

banana.jpg

Hey, I never said it was a good idea, just the idea they were kicking around :P

Monochrome Madness is OK for one game a year, but that should be IT.

Bucco, you could say that MM started at the end of the 2001 season, when the Aints wore all-black for their last two home games, both losses to Washington and San Fran. Why those eyesores simmered in the minds of NFL players during the off-season is beyond me...all I remember hearing is that the Seahawks and Bills players PREFERRED the Monochrome Madness uniforms, proving that NFL players have little taste.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived